1. #1 Are the Democrats doing enough to prevent another stolen election? 
    link

Star Member Cyrano (7,833 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Are the Democrats doing enough to prevent another stolen election?
    The 2000 election was stolen in Florida with the help of the Supreme Court.

The 2004 election was stolen in Ohio.

The voting machines that many of us use are owned by Republican-oriented corporations. (And since the program coding is proprietary, no one is allowed to see it.)

Many states have and are in the process of passing voting laws to exclude the poor, the elderly, students and ex-felons, most of who tend to vote Democratic.

The Justice Dept. is currently “looking into” some of the newly passed voting laws. And there are judges here and there who are shooting down such laws. But it’s not enough.

The Democratic Party was totally silent in 2000 and 2004. And I don’t hear them making much noise today.

Someone once said, “It’s not those who cast the votes. It’s those who count the votes.”

The Democratic Party should be declaring all out “war” against another stolen election. And there’s less than nine months left.
    libtodeath (85 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    3. Don`t forget

1980 stolen as well.
    President Carter despite rayguns secret conspiring with Iran was neck and neck as of the morning of election day and suddenly out of nowhere he lost in a landslide.
    TPTB have had a long range plan that has been carried out since then.
    They are hell bent to destroy what this country was founded on to enrich themselves.

They didn`t expect occupy to rise from the populace and now with it and the craziest bunch one can imagine running against President Obama their plans have a monkey wrench thrown in them.

I am almost afraid what they might do to steal this one too and if they are able to I hope you will see a real revolution against the plutocracy.
    Star Member BumRushDaShow (6,746 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. But then there was enough turnout and monitoring in 2006 & 2008

where it didn't happen, despite DUers who swore it would. And unfortunately, 2010 was a classic case of GOTV failure in the off-Prez election season.

I expect the issues are going to be very localized - county by county, especially where there are close races in congressional districts (now redrawn) and state legislatures. The efforts need to come from the state parties...
    DCKit (15,328 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    6. While I'm totally on-board with your concerns...

I also don't believe the (R) PTB want to win the WH in 2012. That said, those of us with a vote that counts (being in DC, mine doesn't), need to get out there and make sure it's too damn hard to steal it this time around.

We need much larger (D)-Progressive representation in Congress if we expect to see anything change by 2016.
    Brettongarcia (65 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    14. Note Bush I and Jeb Bush, having conference with Obama, a few months ago; SUBJECT NOT ANNOUNCED

If I was a democratic president, I think I'd call the governor of Florida to my office, before the next election. Since Florida was so prominent in a recent election-fixing controversy.

The famous "hanging chads" incident. Where democrats barely lost the election, in a state overwhelmingly contolled, by Repubs.

Hope Obama read the riot act to Jeb and his daddy.

In the meantime? Our voting machines, that do not issue receipts are unacceptable!
    Star Member spanone (62,356 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    22. here in tennessee the rethugs got the house and senate and governor...voter i.d. instigated

the rethugs waste no time in ensuring their tenure in office once they get there
    There you have the liberal meme: If we lose it's because the Republicans stole the election. If we win it's because the Democrat was so far ahead that the Republicans couldn't steal it. And liberals/Democrats are too stupid to know how to get an ID that they need for check cashing, opening up a savings or checking account and a host of other things.

They screech about the voting machines but complain about voter ID.

They always talk about Florida being stolen. To use a play on words, they ignore the Inconvenient Truth. Gore lost his home state. If he'd won Tennessee, Florida wouldn't have mattered.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    They always talk about Florida being stolen. To use a play on words, they ignore the Inconvenient Truth. Gore lost his home state. If he'd won Tennessee, Florida wouldn't have mattered.
    Can't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory now can we. Here's the funny thing. If you were to have to present an ID to vote, it'd be the most honest election in history. But what I find really funny is that ACORN, a leftist group, were the ones getting caught registering cartoon characters, homeless people in multiple precincts, and the dead not to mention it was 2 Black Panthers, another ultra leftist group that tried to intimidate voters with weapons.Oh, did I dream the whole trunkload of ballots putting Al Franken over the top? But it's Republicans who steal elections.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Are the Democrats doing enough to prevent another stolen election
    ?
    Yawn. Remind me again what party always engages in any type of election fraud.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

1980 stolen as well.

HHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHHHAAA!!!!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Are the Democrats doing enough to prevent another stolen election?
    Is the DUmmie asking if the Dems have garnered enough self-control to keep from cheating?

librechik (22,558 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

9. great news, Goth

thanks for the update--it's easy to get discouraged when so little media time is devoted to the issue of voter integrity.
    Why would the media report on voter fraud? They don't want the Dems to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    And, let us remember that Florida was won by Bush in every recount. Even the NY Times eventually admitted this. It was Gore who tried to steal the election by taking the results to court, trying to invalidate the laws and getting the FL Supreme Court to go along with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Can't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory now can we. Here's the funny thing. If you were to have to present an ID to vote, it'd be the most honest election in history. But what I find really funny is that ACORN, a leftist group, were the ones getting caught registering cartoon characters, homeless people in multiple precincts, and the dead not to mention it was 2 Black Panthers, another ultra leftist group that tried to intimidate voters with weapons.Oh, did I dream the whole trunkload of ballots putting Al Franken over the top? But it's Republicans who steal elections.
    It's projection. They know that they cheat, so they assume that everyone else does.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

It's projection. They know that they cheat, so they assume that everyone else does.
    Actually, any improprieties perpetrated by the left is seen as a means to an end. They believe that if it's for the "greater good" it's OK to lie, cheat, and steal. This is why they see no issue in taking from the producers and giving to the slugs.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And, let us remember that Florida was won by Bush in every recount. Even the NY Times eventually admitted this. It was Gore who tried to steal the election by taking the results to court, trying to invalidate the laws and getting the FL Supreme Court to go along with him.

And Al I have no idea what funny is Franken was taking notes.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand