Thread: I am so sick of hearing the 1% argue why the Bush tax cuts shouldn't expire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I am so sick of hearing the 1% argue why the Bush tax cuts shouldn't expire. 
    link

Star Member NRaleighLiberal (20,795 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

I am so sick of hearing the 1% argue why the Bush tax cuts shouldn't expire.
    And I am so sick of so called news shows having members of the 1% on to argue such things.

What utter bullshit - today it was on the Diane Rehm show. It's everywhere, all the time - of course the MSM doesn't want people on who are part of those getting screwed to take part in the discussions. We are never represented.

Trickle down doesn't work

The 8 Bush years were a disaster.

When rich people get money, they only want more money. Greed seems to be a human problem that we are stuck with....

This is indeed class warfare, and "they" are hugely outnumbered. I hope the Dems realize this and play this to the hilt in all economic or election discussions from now until....forever. Something's gotta give.
    That's right. It's GREEDY for people who earn their money to want to keep it instead of giving it to the government.

But it's NOT GREEDY for the Democrats who haven't earned the money to keep insisting that what someone else has earned it theirs.

Liberals are ALL ABOUT GREED and Progressives are the worst.

Didn't the tax cuts help the middle class the most or are we not discussing that part?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Didn't the tax cuts help the middle class the most or are we not discussing that part?
    You know reality has no hold on these people.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Taxing the Other is an easier sell than just taxing.

A good example would be an icrease in fuel taxes; one of the most honest taxes that exists. People would howl. But they sure love those roads.

Just read my sig line.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

A good example would be an icrease .
    How are self-folding pants a good example

:p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Politically tired.
    Just FYI, I got a lot of money back last year and I'm making under 20K. This year, I still make 20K, but I hardly got anything back. I asked why. It was explained that some changes took place compliments of Obama and company.

Tax cuts don't just benefit the rich. I wish the left would quit acting like it does. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Just FYI, I got a lot of money back last year and I'm making under 20K. This year, I still make 20K, but I hardly got anything back. I asked why. It was explained that some changes took place compliments of Obama and company.

Tax cuts don't just benefit the rich. I wish the left would quit acting like it does. It doesn't.
    Well, put this in your pipe and smoke it. I have to pay in for the first time in almost 20 years. Just so the slugs can get more. Yes, I put my life on the line every day but that's not enough for that asshole in the White House.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

I am so sick of hearing the 1% argue why the Bush tax cuts shouldn't expire.
    Not nearly as sick as we are of you idiots continuing the stupid lies about how the rich "don't pay their fair share" B.S. It's simple math, but I should know by now that fact, logic, and reason are anathema to a liberal.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

The Making Work Pay Credit in the Stimulus expired. They tried to replace it with the Payroll Tax "holiday" but the benefit of that is spread out over the year instead of being a lump sum when you file.

That is probably why you saw the increase at the Income Tax level.