Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Oh looky... the Fairey Gestapo Mother has reported in
    Good morning, Cher.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    So what? It IS NOT the schools job to monitor kids lunches. I wouldn't give a shit if all the kid had was jell-o, candy bars and a bag of sugar, it's still not their place to change what the parent's sent to school with them.

I grew up eating in the cafeteria at school....that shit is in no way healthier than what the mother sent to school with her daughter.
    Apparently it's someone's job to monitor the kids' lunches.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home.

Now the problem I see with this, is that under these guidelines, the inspector would also turn away a lunch of a child packed by an educated and diet conscious mother who doesn't want her kid eating meat or milk. So I could send my little girl (who is now 17 BTW) to school with an organic sprouted wheat, alfalfa, and avocado sandwich, a bottle of Zephyrhills water, and an organic apple and her lunch wouldn't meet the FDA requirements which are bought and paid for by agribusiness to included meat and milk.

BTW, I did get into trouble one time at school because I wouldn't drink milk in sixth grade. They called my mother and she told them to stick it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You both have a point on the nuggets, my response was simply to the quality of the bag lunch. Of everything that was in the bag, the banana and the paper bag were probably the most wholesome.
    You never answered the most important part of the question, WHY is it ok to force kids to eat that food?

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home.

Now the problem I see with this, is that under these guidelines, the inspector would also turn away a lunch of a child packed by an educated and diet conscious mother who doesn't want her kid eating meat or milk. So I could send my little girl (who is now 17 BTW) to school with an organic sprouted wheat, alfalfa, and avocado sandwich, a bottle of Zephyrhills water, and an organic apple and her lunch wouldn't meet the FDA requirements which are bought and paid for by agribusiness to included meat and milk.

BTW, I did get into trouble one time at school because I wouldn't drink milk in sixth grade. They called my mother and she told them to stick it.

Now I understand more and more why you are gay, mommy issues.

You mean because the Chinese attacked Pearl Harbor? Well, that's understandable.
    No no no....it was the Germans that attacked Pearl Harbor. Everyone knows that. :D
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    No no no....it was the Germans that attacked Pearl Harbor. Everyone knows that. :D
    shhh hes on a roll

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    No, the Germans attacked Pearl Bailey............ because she was Jewish.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

the law is shit, thats my point. It's not their business, period. I do agree with you on the USDA, they are a bunch of jackasses too.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Sometimes, the Right's Noise Machine can whip up some pretty good stuff for their daily daily dose of outrage for the terminally offended. I mean some real pearl clutchers.

This is not one of those times.
    Calling it ridiculous may get you approval from your fellow moonbats, but it doesn't make it go away. Having the freedom to eat one's food of choice is still one we have left. This small but significant story is a small but significant example of freedom being chipped away.

Imagine if instead it was a black child simply being told to sit somewhere away from the white kids. A small event yes, but you would hear howls of indignation coming from it. Sorry dude, Alinsky isn't an impenetrable shield.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
    Calling it ridiculous may get you approval from your fellow moonbats, but it doesn't make it go away. Having the freedom to eat one's food of choice is still one we have left. This small but significant story is a small but significant example of freedom being chipped away.
    I heard the The Battle Hymn of the Republic when I read that. Brought a tear to my eye.

Imagine if instead it was a black child simply being told to sit somewhere away from the white kids. A small event yes, but you would hear howls of indignation coming from it. Sorry dude, Alinsky isn't an impenetrable shield.
    Alinsky?

Outstanding! You regurgitate like a penguin!