Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 171
  1. #111  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I'm willing to bet that someone who consumes marijuana every day (but doesn't smoke it) is far less likely to face health problems than someone who eats McDonalds every day.


    I like how you classify "illegal drugs", as if drugs are inherently illegal. They were made illegal by the government. Would you treat a Big Mac the same as a marijuana joint if the government passed a law making Big Macs illegal? After all, it's the illegal part that makes it bad, isn't it?

    The war on drugs is the reality of what right-wingers fantasize this healthy eating initiative is. The federal government will not break into your home and arrest you if you triple-chicken-fry your steak. However, try growing marijuana plants on your own property and you're likely to get thrown into prison.

    You're right though, they aren't exactly the same. One of these initiatives is a nationwide federal program designed to protect Americans from unhealthy consumption by telling you what you can put into your body and arresting you if you disobey. The other is an insignificant "healthy food choices" program with no real legal authority.
    The "Oh, somthing shiny." argument Apple meet orange. Did you pay to get that fucked up education?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #112  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    If you don't want the government telling people they must make healthy choices, and prohibiting what they can put in their body, why do people support the War on Drugs?

    If you don't like first ladies supporting programs that mandate healthy choices and prohibit unhealthy consumption, why do people support "Just Say No"?

    It's just too simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #113  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    The difference is the government won't arrest you for eating a bad food. Even if a state decides to restrict what items are sold in restaurants (which is actually pretty rare), you can still cook and eat whatever you like in the privacy of your home.

    Nancy Reagan was only saying "Just Say No", but the unspoken truth behind it was "Just Say No, or else we will arrest you". That is simply not true about this current health food campaign. THere are no threats to arrest anyone for putting salted lard on your bullshit sandwich.
    AHA! So that's your problem! I knew it, I knew it!

    THe reason behind your communist views... You're a doper burn-out that can't get a job So how many years did you do in the slammer? Did Bubba hurt you bad? :frown:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #114  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    If you don't want the government telling people they must make healthy choices, and prohibiting what they can put in their body, why do people support the War on Drugs?

    If you don't like first ladies supporting programs that mandate healthy choices and prohibit unhealthy consumption, why do people support "Just Say No"?

    It's just too simple.
    To prevent dainbramage like you have received...

    Can you send in a picture? You can be our poster child...



    Don't let this be you....

    and then, of course, your picture :wink:


    Who knows how many will be saved


    Will you help Wei... Think of the childrentm :smile:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #115  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    To prevent dainbramage like you have received...

    Can you send in a picture? You can be our poster child...



    Don't let this be you....

    and then, of course, your picture :wink:


    Who knows how many will be saved


    Will you help Wei... Think of the childrentm :smile:
    Propaganda. Read some pharmacology books, don't watch Reefer Madness.

    Marijuana is surprisingly safe, and some of the great minds of our time have used it. One of my favorites is the brilliant astronomer Carl Sagan. Plenty of normal minds in our time use it too. I personally do not, but I understand that it's pretty benign compared to alcohol or fried foods.

    Each drug is a different story, with it's own effects and health risks, lumping them all together is ignorant.

    Unhealthy food is proven to cause health risks, including heart disease which is one of the main killers of Americans.

    If this is an issue of health, then your argument doesn't hold up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #116  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Propaganda. Read some pharmacology books, don't watch Reefer Madness.

    Marijuana is surprisingly safe, and some of the great minds of our time have used it. One of my favorites is the brilliant astronomer Carl Sagan. Plenty of normal minds in our time use it too. I personally do not, but I understand that it's pretty benign compared to alcohol or fried foods.

    Each drug is a different story, with it's own effects and health risks, lumping them all together is ignorant.

    Unhealthy food is proven to cause health risks, including heart disease which is one of the main killers of Americans.

    If this is an issue of health, then your argument doesn't hold up.
    So you're a pothead. Now that we've cleared that up, you do know that there are many institutions and organizations to help you with your addiction, right? You have to WANT the help though, they won't do it for you...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #117  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,849
    Wei Wei, coming soon to a rehab near you!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #118  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Propaganda. Read some pharmacology books, don't watch Reefer Madness.

    Marijuana is surprisingly safe, and some of the great minds of our time have used it. One of my favorites is the brilliant astronomer Carl Sagan. Plenty of normal minds in our time use it too. I personally do not, but I understand that it's pretty benign compared to alcohol or fried foods.

    Each drug is a different story, with it's own effects and health risks, lumping them all together is ignorant.

    Unhealthy food is proven to cause health risks, including heart disease which is one of the main killers of Americans.

    If this is an issue of health, then your argument doesn't hold up.
    It's not a health issue, it's an issue of the Government overriding the parents, and stepping in where they don't belong, under the pretense of "health issue". You're trying to equate the two and it doesn't hold up. But even if you do compare the two, how they are carried out are quite different. Where the "War on Drugs" and the "Just Say No"/DARE programs come in is that those were programs that disseminate information to the public in the form of TV ads and this is the Government hiring people to physically force change. If you can't figure out the difference, well...
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #119  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    So you're a pothead. Now that we've cleared that up, you do know that there are many institutions and organizations to help you with your addiction, right? You have to WANT the help though, they won't do it for you...
    You're the one who seems stoned, buddy. Your reading comprehension is dismal, and you seem to think posts like this are funny.

    I don't use pot. I like beer with my dinner sometimes plus happy hour on Friday after work with some friends. I am well aware though that alcohol abuse carries more health risks than marijuana use.

    However, lets think about your logic here, if someone opposing the war on drugs, or having the bare minimum of knowledge about drug abuse makes them a pothead, then I suppose your opposition to this healthy food initiative makes you a greasy disgusting fatass glutton?

    Learn some self control you obese monster. I'm sure a sick elephant or something will appreciate the organ donations after you eat yourself to a heart attack, but think about your family.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJQEl5vcAo
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #120  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    It's not a health issue, it's an issue of the Government overriding the parents, and stepping in where they don't belong, under the pretense of "health issue". You're trying to equate the two and it doesn't hold up. But even if you do compare the two, how they are carried out are quite different. Where the "War on Drugs" and the "Just Say No"/DARE programs come in is that those were programs that disseminate information to the public in the form of TV ads and this is the Government hiring people to physically force change. If you can't figure out the difference, well...
    You've got this entirely backwards.

    The War on Drugs is just an information campaign? If you grow marijuana in your backyard the government isn't going to mail you an information pamphlet. There's a reason the prison population has exploded in the last few decades, making us the #1 prison nation in the entire world: its the war on drugs.

    How anyone can suggest the War on Drugs isn't fought with force is beyond me.

    Try making the greasiest, saltiest, most unhealthy food item you can come up with in your kitchen and eating it. Hell take pictures of it and mail it to your local police station. If any government official comes to arrest you, I'll eat my shoe.

    If you try growing cannabis in your own backyard....different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •