Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    There are plenty of reasons to be outraged. What happens to be in my light socket is down the list.
    You're right. It's also a smokescreen. While we're busy trying to get smaller government, less spending and lower taxes, the left is sneaking up on 4 year olds and confiscating their lunches.

rm -rf obama*

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    There are plenty of reasons to be outraged. What happens to be in my light socket is down the list.
    and the fact that a school system/state is forcing kids to eat what a parent may not want them too is pretty damn high on mine.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Feel free to consume, Odie, while I admire the merchants' wares.
    Do you have anything substantive to offer in rebuttal, or is this just going to be another of your snarkfests?

I heard the The Battle Hymn of the Republic when I read that. Brought a tear to my eye.
    Alinsky?
    Outstanding! You regurgitate like a penguin!
    Snarkfest. Not surprised. Can we assume that you approve of the school's actions, then? Or is your goal here simply to insult everyone who doesn't in order to demonstrate your otherwise hilarious presumptions of mental superiority?

I got $10 American that says there are procedures for that in the North Carolina (and local school district) nutrition program.
    Maybe there are, or not, but where does the school get the authority to override the parents' wishes as to their child's lunch? Just answer that one, itty-bitty question, snark-boy.
    So, the principle that the government can unilaterally dictate that a product that has been in production for over a century and is demonstrably safe be taken off the market in order to replace it with a product which costs more, entails serious health hazards and provides no benefit except to the company that lobbied for the change is okay with you?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    So, the principle that the government can unilaterally dictate that a product that has been in production for over a century and is demonstrably safe be taken off the market in order to replace it with a product which costs more, entails serious health hazards and provides no benefit except to the company that lobbied for the change is okay with you?
    Is this about seat belts and that third brake light?

Is this about seat belts and that third brake light?
    why not answer the damn question? It's apples and oranges anyway
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    You're right. It's also a smokescreen. While we're busy trying to get smaller government, less spending and lower taxes, the left is sneaking up on 4 year olds and confiscating their lunches.
    They have no trouble being told what to do or when to do it... Busybodies always like sticking their nose where it doesn't belong
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    why not answer the damn question?
    I did.

It's apples and oranges anyway
    Fruits?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    They have no trouble being told what to do or when to do it... Busybodies always like sticking their nose where it doesn't belong
    The Pro-Choice advocates like to use that line as well.

I did.

Fruits?
    no you didn't, you came back with another lame ass question trying to change the subject.

the comparisons don't match and you know it.

The Pro-Choice advocates like to use that line as well.
    There's a difference between being informed and being told what you can or cannot do. Not that it makes a lick of sense to you.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot