Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 If gas goes to 5.00 per gallon 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This is really retarded... :D

Wed Feb 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
    libtodeath (91 posts)

If gas goes to 5.00 per gallon

Will you give up Internet to save money?
    I posted this in another thread but am curious.
    I just cant help but wonder if it is part of a plan to break up the national and global wide connection of occupy.

May the FORCE be with you!

If gas goes to $5/gallon...obumble doesn't win a single state.

rm -rf obama*

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    You HAVE to have made that one up. You do a whole fake "DU" background to make them look legit, but you HAVE to be making some of them up. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

If gas goes to 5.00 per gallon

Will you give up Internet to save money?
    No, I opted for an electrically fueled computer. The old gas fired one was much too smelly and messy for home use.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    No, I opted for an electrically fueled computer. The old gas fired one was much too smelly and messy for home use.
    Did you have a newer one? They are much more efficient and clean burning.

It gets worse. I thought the DUmmie meant that high prices would make it harder for people to get to Occupy events, but it actually goes back to the original premise that high gas prices could force people off the internet. You talk about a complex plan.

libtodeath (92 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

13. I didnt word it right

not to stop it but would occupy have taken off across the country the way it did without the internet and places like DU spreading the word and events.
    That was my thought although maybe a bad one.

Response to marmar (Reply #14)
    Wed Feb 15, 2012, 09:45 AM
    rurallib (27,453 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

21. The oil companies ability to manipulate gas prices with impunity

is the secret weapon of the Repubs.
    Jack up the price, cripple the economy and make Obama look weak when there is little he can do.
    So how do you explain the high gas prices under Bush? And if oil companies can jack up the price when a Dem is in office, then it really shouldn't matter to them who the President is.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Should've gone with squirrel power. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    I am a person who freaks out when gasoline crosses price thresholds. Not major freak out, just pissed off and in a bad mood for a day or so. I know it's silly to let these people do that to me, but it's how I react. When reason sets in, I realize that I use so little gasoline (about 34 gallons a month) that a hike of a dollar or two isn't going to wreck the budget. But even so, the way the speculation market is portrayed, like there are some fidgety Henny Pennys in Atlanta pretending to be in London reacting like someone with shell shock being tortured by a practical joker just doesn't inspire confidence in the system.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    So how do you explain the high gas prices under Bush? And if oil companies can jack up the price when a Dem is in office, then it really shouldn't matter to them who the President is.
    The price of gasoline today is the same (about $3.57 for Shell regular) as it was in October of 2007. I remember this because that is when I bought my new pick-up and the salesman at Clearwater Toyota complained that it cost him $56 to fill up the gas tank at Walmart.