Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I think we are exporting more distillate products now than we have in a long time. Capacity isn't an issue.
    yes, i've said that before. Demand in the US is down, so what isn't needed gets exported.

however if we drill more we will need more capacity, kinda goes hand in hand.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You HAVE to have made that one up. You do a whole fake "DU" background to make them look legit, but you HAVE to be making some of them up. :p
    Nope, I don't need to. They are all legit. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yes, i've said that before. Demand in the US is down, so what isn't needed gets exported.

however if we drill more we will need more capacity, kinda goes hand in hand.
    Oil production is also higher than it has been in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Oil production is also higher than it has been in awhile.
    so? the capacity to produce more gasoline is no where near where it should be. there hasn't been a refinery built in 30+ years. some additions and upgrades isn't enough.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    so? the capacity to produce more gasoline is no where near where it should be. there hasn't been a refinery built in 30+ years. some additions and upgrades isn't enough.
    Right. I think the last one was built in the 1970's.

Didn't we loan Colombia a couple of billion a while back to build a refinery? I thought that was a nice gesture. We go without needed refining capacity to help out another. Very Christian of us.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Right. I think the last one was built in the 1970's.

Didn't we loan Colombia a couple of billion a while back to build a refinery? I thought that was a nice gesture. We go without needed refining capacity to help out another. Very Christian of us.
    2 Billion to Brazil

Bakken plans first U.S. refinery in 35 years

The Bakken shale oil bonanza in North Dakota has already upended the U.S. oil market once by reversing a decades-long decline in production.

Now, as the boom fuels a surge in diesel consumption, the remote state may boast a second milestone: construction of the first U.S. greenfield refinery in 35 years.
    ----------------------

Personal point - In 2008 I paid $3.80 a gal - today I paid $3.35 - guvmint be damned, with inflation, it has to go to $4 locally before being in new territory.
    Being a 40 year verteran of the O&G industry, the people are real lucky our industgry continued to find new and innovative technologies for every phase from exploration to final mixing. If it were subject to normal inflation it would be $10.
    Last edited by Retread; 02-15-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.