Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,517
    I'm going to get a tank of gas about every two weeks whether it's $2.00 a gallon or $10.00 a gallon.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    It's a nice little story but I don't buy it. Either the salesman lied about the cost or he was the DUmbest salesman on earth in 2007. Gas has gone up under Pharaoh, there is no getting around that fact even for a liberal.
    The peak pump price for gasoline was July 2008 , President Bush II, at $4.12/gallon.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The peak pump price for gasoline was July 2008 , President Bush II, at $4.12/gallon.
    Where was that, Man Francisco?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Where was that, Man Francisco?
    That was on 95 between Florida and DC. It was $4.08 when I took Little Darling north out of St Pete, and didn't go down until two weeks later when it dropped back to $3.8something near Luray Virginia on the return trip. I was actually paying $4.27 or more for high test on the road.

    The $4.12 figure is a national average. My sister in Paso Robles was paying even more.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That was on 95 between Florida and DC. It was $4.08 when I took Little Darling north out of St Pete, and didn't go down until two weeks later when it dropped back to $3.8something near Luray Virginia on the return trip. I was actually paying $4.27 or more for high test on the road.

    The $4.12 figure is a national average. My sister in Paso Robles was paying even more.
    I see. You bought the most expensive blend that was available and I was talking about what most everybody else uses. I still don't buy it. Gas has definitely gone up under Dear Leader. By-the-way, what monster engine do you have requiring "High Test" fuel. You do understand the reason for differing octane levels don't you?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    gas prices can easily come down, the gasoline is there, it's being produced. BUT they can make more by shipping it overseas to sell the refined gas. It is our number 1 export right now and why the economy is showing even a small improvement.

    The reason why it's not being sold here...because there is no demand for it, because there is so little in the way of other products needing to be transported around.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That was on 95 between Florida and DC. It was $4.08 when I took Little Darling north out of St Pete, and didn't go down until two weeks later when it dropped back to $3.8something near Luray Virginia on the return trip. I was actually paying $4.27 or more for high test on the road.

    The $4.12 figure is a national average. My sister in Paso Robles was paying even more.
    http://205.254.135.7/dnav/pet/hist/L...TE_NUS_DPG&f=A

    U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I see. You bought the most expensive blend that was available and I was talking about what most everybody else uses. I still don't buy it. Gas has definitely gone up under Dear Leader. By-the-way, what monster engine do you have requiring "High Test" fuel. You do understand the reason for differing octane levels don't you?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you with extraneous information. No, the $4.08 per gallon was for regular. I was paying for high test because high test is a relative bargain when it costs less than 10% more than regular, which is often the case in price spikes.

    The $4.12 was the national average for regular. I had paid $4.08 for regular in St Pete. On 95 it was the same or slightly more.

    By-the-way, what monster engine do you have requiring "High Test" fuel.
    The reason I was buying high test was because I was experimenting with fuel grade and economy. The road trip was good for experimentation because of the conformity of road surface, speed, very little "around town" driving etc...

    I have a Toyota Tacoma with 2.7 ltr. four cylinder automatic. My GMC got 9.6 miles per gallon so I figured the Toyota would eventually pay for itself in savings.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you with extraneous information. No, the $4.08 per gallon was for regular. I was paying for high test because high test is a relative bargain when it costs less than 10% more than regular, which is often the case in price spikes.

    The $4.12 was the national average for regular. I had paid $4.08 for regular in St Pete. On 95 it was the same or slightly more.


    The reason I was buying high test was because I was experimenting with fuel grade and economy. The road trip was good for experimentation because of the conformity of road surface, speed, very little "around town" driving etc...

    I have a Toyota Tacoma with 2.7 ltr. four cylinder automatic. My GMC got 9.6 miles per gallon so I figured the Toyota would eventually pay for itself in savings.
    look at the above that I just posted, 4.12 was no where near the high for national average
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    http://205.254.135.7/dnav/pet/hist/L...TE_NUS_DPG&f=A

    U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
    What's your point? That's an annual average. I made no claim about an annual average. My claim was that gasoline retail prices peaked in July 2008 at an average of $4.12 per gallon. I am correct.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •