Thread: Weekend in Vegas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    I'm having too much fun picturing the day Lilly puts me in the home...
    she's a nurse
    she's has a psych degree
    she's been an executive in health care for.... years

and then when the nice nurses come to undress me for my bath!! LOL
    Thanks for that mental image.:(
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

The neck one is so trendy. What is the story behind it?

My daughter got one similar to that on the top of her foot, and I hope it is her one and only tat. I guess I am old fashioned.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    The neck one is so trendy. What is the story behind it?

My daughter got one similar to that on the top of her foot, and I hope it is her one and only tat. I guess I am old fashioned.
    the large star on top, is Lilly
    the other stars...for the babies I lost
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    the large star on top, is Lilly
    the other stars...for the babies I lost

I didn't know about the babies you lost Lurkie. May God Bless.

Stars.

The Stars are seen by eyes that ask The Question.
    The Stars look down and utter not a sound.
    A Spirit freed flies among the heavens.
    The fetters fall and lie upon the ground.

Lilly is beautiful.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I didn't know about the babies you lost Lurkie. May God Bless.

Stars.

The Stars are seen by eyes that ask The Question.
    The Stars look down and utter not a sound.
    A Spirit freed flies among the heavens.
    The fetters fall and lie upon the ground.

Lilly is beautiful.
    ah..thank you :)
    I've had lilly's little tiny preemie feet over my heart for about five years now. but I have always felt unfinished, that I needed to speak to the little hearts and souls that were mine for such a brief moment in time. so now I been found out, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing, I've been planning this for several years, and actually kept the pics I wanted done in a file folder in my jeep in case I found a place out of town I felt comfortable enough to get it done at...

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    ah..thank you :)
    I've had lilly's little tiny preemie feet over my heart for about five years now. but I have always felt unfinished, that I needed to speak to the little hearts and souls that were mine for such a brief moment in time. so now I been found out, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing, I've been planning this for several years, and actually kept the pics I wanted done in a file folder in my jeep in case I found a place out of town I felt comfortable enough to get it done at...
    Nicely done Lurkie. :)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I have mixed feelings about tats. While I understand the memento aspect, I guess I'm not clear on the public knowledge thing.

I see a lot of 90s tats. Sadly, it's 2008 and these things are now 10 or 15 years old and look it (as do the carriers). I can see getting one in some level expanse of skin that won't sag or get sun exposed (can we say, "tramp stamp"?) but on your neck?

I feel for your wish to memorialize this part of your life but I just can't see the neck thing.

However, to make sure everybody knows I'm totally heartless - I can't get my mind around memorializing the dead in skin ink at all. I know it's wildly popular now but it's a tad too pagan for me.

If the the Muslims ever impose sharia law here the way have done in England, however, I'll be the first in the line to get a big Technicolor cross emblazoned on me somewhere obvious. :D

the pagan tattoos were made from mixing the ashes of dead ancestors into a paste and then putting them on the cuts. a way of keeping them with you i guess.
    My oldest tattoo is 15 years old, I haven't had to retouch the color yet, but I'm fortunate in that either my skin never sees enough light other than flourescent office lights or I retain color. I've seen some nasty old ones as well.
    what I don't understand is the teenagers getting a tattoo of something because its "cool" ..like they will always think skulls and crosses and flames are "cool"...I've always had a meaning behind each and every one.

the pagan tattoos were made from mixing the ashes of dead ancestors into a paste and then putting them on the cuts. a way of keeping them with you i guess.
    My oldest tattoo is 15 years old, I haven't had to retouch the color yet, but I'm fortunate in that either my skin never sees enough light other than flourescent office lights or I retain color. I've seen some nasty old ones as well.
    what I don't understand is the teenagers getting a tattoo of something because its "cool" ..like they will always think skulls and crosses and flames are "cool"...I've always had a meaning behind each and every one.

Well, everybody is different. Sadly, too many women seem to have thought in their 20s that the Tasmanian Devil or "tribal" marks were fashion statements that would last. They did not.

On the death memorial tats: seriously, I would be appalled if my BF or husband thought of doing any such thing for me. I would be outraged from the grave. I would want them to live happy lives without me or without frequently thinking of me. Let's face it, we already know my Final Destination. They don't need a bookmark on it. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, everybody is different. Sadly, too many women seem to have thought in their 20s that the Tasmanian Devil or "tribal" marks were fashion statements that would last. They did not.

On the death memorial tats: seriously, I would be appalled if my BF or husband thought of doing any such thing for me. I would be outraged from the grave. I would want them to live happy lives without me or without frequently thinking of me. Let's face it, we already know my Final Destination. They don't need a bookmark on it. :p
    I am particularly amused at the pot leaf ones...nothing screams "I never want an office job" like a large green marijuana leaf tattoo prominent on the neck or forearm!

oh no...I want MOURNERS..in fact, thats why I refuse to get life insurance..there WILL be people crying at my funeral..they may be crying and saying "the bitch is costing us a fortune" but at least there will be crying :D