Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Westminster Snobbishness 
    [FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']SUCH SNOBBINESS!! [/FONT]

Never thought about this before -

http://www.care2.com/causes/westminster-dog-show-rebuffs-shelter-dogs.html

Our poor greys weren't successful racers. Bella was zero for 9 races (but came in second one time). Darlene had a nonexistent record. Consequently they were cast off, but thankfully they were rescued by good groups of volunteers who kept them til we adopted them.

God bless the rescue folk and kudos to Pedigree pet food for sponsoring ads promoting adoption of shelter pets.

http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fabulous Poster
    In some ways, dog shows seem a lot like drag queen beauty contests and with a lot of the same people. Petty, capricious, and corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    In some ways, dog shows seem a lot like drag queen beauty contests and with a lot of the same people. Petty, capricious, and corrupt.
    And more dykes and fags than should be allowed to be together in one place. We have show dogs, my wife shows her own, she gets hit on by virtually all the women and none of the "men".

rm -rf obama*

Power CUer
    I don't fault Westminster for that; it's their call and they have certainly supported dog related charities. What I DO fault them for is giving Best in Show to that godawful, fat, wheezing Pekingese.

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't fault Westminster for that; it's their call and they have certainly supported dog related charities. What I DO fault them for is giving Best in Show to that godawful, fat, wheezing Pekingese.

The AKC is very "clique-y", and even more political.

Our dog, who is a Grand Champion, has been completely dumped in some shows because we don't use a professional handler.

rm -rf obama*

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

God! That's not a dog, it's a hairball on a lead. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    You could shove a stick up its butt and use it as a Swiffer. The dog's name is "Malachy" but it should be "Cartman".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    The AKC is very "clique-y", and even more political.

Our dog, who is a Grand Champion, has been completely dumped in some shows because we don't use a professional handler.
    I used to show Norwegian Elkhounds, but gave it up as I found the system to be very corrupt. The best way to describe the judging would be a comparison to ice skating judges, very subjective. If you didn't have a professional handler pin for the judges to see, forget about it unless the dog was so outstanding that even a prejudiced judge couldn't diss it. Wait, they do all the time.

Obedience was more fair. I got CD titles on two very stubborn old schnauzers in obedience trials.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    And more dykes and fags than should be allowed to be together in one place. We have show dogs, my wife shows her own, she gets hit on by virtually all the women and none of the "men".
    There is probably a kinder way of wording that, but was surprised to be told that the dog show circuit has more than its share of lesbians.

Now what I find disturbing is the "fag" who, like Tucker Carlson, surprises you by referring to his female wife. "Your what?"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    It's so cute. A tribble!