Thread: Chris Christie lowers flags for Whitney Houston

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What flag?

We dont need no stinkin flag!

Do not judge me by the co I keep.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    • I am not a fan of Houston so I have no idea what good things she did. She was a celebrity and a "hometown girl" so I would expect that New jersey would lower the flag the same way that Mississippi probably did when Elvis died.

• Oddly, Christie would appear to be pandering to his constituency, which contrary to GOP models, is not simply those who voted for him.

Giffords was a US Congressman who was shot in the course of being a Congressman. You also have a ship out there named for George Bush, is there a problem with that?

Your assumption would need to be that flags are only lowered and ships are only named for heros. That is simply not the case. Your assumption is wrong, leading to your reaction being wrong. You are welcome to wish that these honors only be reserved for firemen who run into burning buildings to save children, or soldiers who actually do something heroic but thus far that limitation is not applied.
    I wasn't aware that Giffords was a former US President or that Houston was either, or a govt official or a first responder ?

Why must Liberals insist on destroying standards for Decency, Decorum, Respect, Historical precedent et el ?

I myself thought Whitney was getting a bum rap for her drug problems,that is until she died from a drug OD. Are we now going to show the same level of respect for any entertainer that dies ?

Tell me is there any nonselfish act or accomplishment you hold sacred ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Why must Liberals insist on destroying standards for Decency, Decorum, Respect, Historical precedent et el ?
    This is rhetorical, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    This is rhetorical, right?
    It could just as well be because I doubt I'll get an straight honest answer but I would like to know.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Bump.

It just totally astounds me the number of People out in society that are void any semblance of Honor, Respect, piety or sense of responsibility.

I take it you havent been watching the newest, latest greatest alternate reality in Liberal-topialand ... television. Forget about "virtues"... those are outdated. Those are so yesteryear.

Its a combination of "1984" and "bread and circuses" all rolled up into one happy little package. And now ... thanks to 0baminomics, many of us have more time than ever to explore this new "real-reality", this new "truth". (Excluding shows like National Geographic, Discovery Channel, History Channel and Documentaries.)

So get with it. Put down that book. Put down your critical thinking skills and call your cable operator. Newspeak and doublespeak never sounded so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJgWM...eature=related

Yes, folks, that is what she said, according to an instructor at a School for the Deaf and Blind who watched the video. The video is shown at normal speed, 3/4 speed, and 1/2 speed with no banners obstructing her lips.

It should come as no surprise that she and Barack have no clue about America's reverence for, nor reference to, our flag, or that both want to eliminate all memorials and ceremonies commemorating the 9/11 attacks.
    Last edited by Janice; 02-28-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Yeah, do you?

Christie had been criticized for ordering flags at state government buildings to be lowered on Saturday, the day that Houstonís funeral services would be held in Newark.
    Wow. That's what you got from that? Seriously?
    As I read it, the code that Ody was referring to addresses only federal facilities. It defines the conditions under which a governor may make a proclamation which will affect federal offices and facilities. Christie's proclamation only pertained to state offices and facilities.

...........the National flag flown at any Federal installation or facility in the area
    http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/more/micks.htm

I really don't think that Governor Christie would step in it by not having his consigliere check it out. But I could be wrong.
    You are wrong. The federal code covers the US flag. Had he ordered the state flag to half mast, he'd have been on solid legal ground, but the US flag may only be lowered by a governor under the circumstances stated in the code, which you managed to completely misconstrue and misinterpret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJgWM...eature=related

Yes, folks, that is what she said, according to an instructor at a School for the Deaf and Blind who watched the video. The video is shown at normal speed, 3/4 speed, and 1/2 speed with no banners obstructing her lips.

It should come as no surprise that she and Barack have no clue about America's reverence for, nor reference to, our flag, or that both want to eliminate all memorials and ceremonies commemorating the 9/11 attacks.
    Let's hope that whoever the Republican nominee is, he has the sense to make that video a campaign ad.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!