Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The government is not the Ruling Class; it's the Ruling Class' muscle.

Why don't you answer the question instead of deflecting all the time? How much more money should the Ruling Class aka Governement take from taxpayers????
    When there is nothing left to take anymore is the answer Shirlock.

What? No derp picture?
    With you it's not needed. The contents of your posts are always filled with enough herp derp to go around without the pictures.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Is there a reason why this moron is allowed to post here? At least wee wee and nova add some political commentary, albeit skewed, but yoyo is about as useless as, well...
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Relevant.
    Nope. The question is relevant. Bolding the text doesn't change that. Any answer coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

Why don't you answer the question instead of deflecting all the time? How much more money should the Ruling Class aka Governement take from taxpayers????
    When there is nothing left to take anymore is the answer Shirlock.
    He won't answer. He's use ridicule and snark to evade the question because he doesn't have an answer, at least not one that he will cop to. He's just another gutless internet wiseass who hopes that by using ridicule to attack his ideological adversaries, he'll undermine our arguments, but he's not fooling anyone.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Nope. The question is relevant. Bolding the text doesn't change that. Any answer coming?

He won't answer. He's use ridicule and snark to evade the question because he doesn't have an answer, at least not one that he will cop to. He's just another gutless internet wiseass who hopes that by using ridicule to attack his ideological adversaries, he'll undermine our arguments, but he's not fooling anyone.
    You seriously have no self awareness, do you? You post some fantasy tripe with not even a passing glance at reality and expect it to be taken seriously? Well, seriously by rational people, anyway. Iread it as failed satire not a reasonable appeal for debate on the proper level of taxation in a (small d) democratic society. If you want that discussion ( and you don't), you won't post some mindless, echo chamber fantasy. No, you posted that drivel for affirmation of your bias.

So stop the pretense, Cupcake. You don't want debate; you want to be stroked.

Maybe if we all give a number, Arroyo will understand the question and finally give an answer. I'll go first. I think taxes are just theft we tolerate, so I think 5% federal is more than enough. Five percent, all incomes, no deductions.

You seriously have no self awareness, do you? You post some fantasy tripe with not even a passing glance at reality and expect it to be taken seriously? Well, seriously by rational people, anyway. Iread it as failed satire not a reasonable appeal for debate on the proper level of taxation in a (small d) democratic society. If you want that discussion ( and you don't), you won't post some mindless, echo chamber fantasy. No, you posted that drivel for affirmation of your bias.

Allow me to be more direct. As it stands, half the people in this country pay zero taxes at all while the top 10%, you know, those people you hate so much, pay 70% of this country's taxes. So, breaking it down even more, 10% pay 70% while the rest of the 90% only pay 30%. Now here's where it gets goofy. Many in the bottom 50% get whatever taxes they've paid in during the year refunded. Many still get more back by using such programs such as "EARNED Income Credit", meaning, I guess, that sitting home and downloading babies they can ill afford to raise constitutes "earning" a tax credit but I digress. As I said, some people not only pay no taxes but thanks to income redistribution scams like the one I mentioned they get back more than they paid in and that "earned" income comes from the 50% who actually do pay taxes. So, the question is, if the top 10% pay 70% of the taxes and people like you believe that this is still not enough, exactly what % of one's income should go to taxes? Should this burden be for everyone or should you be punished for actually achieving in life? Answer the question. If you don't, then admit you're nothing but a troll and go away.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Allow me to be more direct. As it stands, half the people in this country pay zero taxes at all while the top 10%, you know, those people you hate so much, pay 70% of this country's taxes.
    Since you made two factually incorrect statements in the second sentence, I will ignore the rest.

Actually three but it would be hard to prove who I do and do not hate.

You seriously have no self awareness, do you?
    No, I'm pretty self aware.

You post some fantasy tripe with not even a passing glance at reality and expect it to be taken seriously?
    It's called an "analogy." It made a number of substantive claims which were true, namely the attitudes of the major parties towards taxation, and the amounts paid. It is a serious issue, especially since we are now reaching a point where our debt is rapidly surpassing our ability to pay it off, and I do expect serious people to take it seriously. I don't expect snarky punks to do so. Which are you?

Well, seriously by rational people, anyway.
    We do take it seriously.

Iread it as failed satire not a reasonable appeal for debate on the proper level of taxation in a (small d) democratic society. If you want that discussion ( and you don't), you won't post some mindless, echo chamber fantasy. No, you posted that drivel for affirmation of your bias.
    No, I posted it because it was a rather cogent statement of our current fiscal situation. You read it as failed satire because it didn't appeal to you or your biases, and because it ridicules your position, so you responded with a silly, snarky crack. When pressed to answer, you refused.

No, I love a good debate. Haven't you noticed that I get into them all of the time? In fact, this is what it looks like when somebody responds to questions or statements with substantive answers. You should try it.

If anything, you're projecting your inability to talk about anything outside of your comfort zone on the rest of us, while preening about your allegedly superior rationality. You won't debate, so instead, you're stroking yourself, something that you do habitually. It's not particularly entertaining, but it does explain why you're so blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Allow me to be more direct. As it stands, half the people in this country pay zero taxes at all while the top 10%, you know, those people you hate so much, pay 70% of this country's taxes. So, breaking it down even more, 10% pay 70% while the rest of the 90% only pay 30%. Now here's where it gets goofy. Many in the bottom 50% get whatever taxes they've paid in during the year refunded. Many still get more back by using such programs such as "EARNED Income Credit", meaning, I guess, that sitting home and downloading babies they can ill afford to raise constitutes "earning" a tax credit but I digress. As I said, some people not only pay no taxes but thanks to income redistribution scams like the one I mentioned they get back more than they paid in and that "earned" income comes from the 50% who actually do pay taxes. So, the question is, if the top 10% pay 70% of the taxes and people like you believe that this is still not enough, exactly what % of one's income should go to taxes? Should this burden be for everyone or should you be punished for actually achieving in life? Answer the question. If you don't, then admit you're nothing but a troll and go away.
    He won't admit it or go away. He's here to prove to himself that he's cleverer than we are. Unfortunately, he isn't, and he's getting frustrated, hence the increasingly nasty tone that he's been taking. Expect a cheap shot about my alleged loyalty to Israel over the US next.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I love a good pwnage in the morning with my coffee and toast...which is what Ody does every time with the snarky ones posts.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf