Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Regardless (and I'm not even getting into other federal taxes), when the bullshit, the outright aggressive untruth that half do not pay taxes at the federal level, is presented, I am going to call it what it is; a lie.
    back your claim up. this is the second time you've said that but haven't come up with any proof
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Stroke.
    More masturbation from Annoyo.
    Yea. Sucks when the bullshit is pointed out. Galling.
    That was the point of the OP, pointing out the BS of the left. It clearly sucks to be you.
    Regardless (and I'm not even getting into other federal taxes), when the bullshit, the outright aggressive untruth that half do not pay taxes at the federal level, is presented, I am going to call it what it is; a lie.
    And then, when you are asked to provide proof of your claim, you will make a snarky crack and not pony up evidence. However, the fact is that 47% of Americans pay no federal income taxes. This is the US government's own figure, not ours. In 2006, the IRS reported receipt of 134,372,678 individual income tax returns, of which 90,593,081 (67.42%) paid or owed federal income tax for 2005, leaving 32.58% filers who did not owe any federal income tax. In 2009, that percentage had risen to 47%. Got any numbers to counter that, or are you just going to keep typing BS over and over?

Meanwhile, you never answered the question put to you. How much of our income should we be allowed to keep? What should the top rate be?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus
    . However, the fact is that 47% of Americans pay no federal income taxes.
    And that would mean something if income taxes were the only taxes assessed at the federal level.

Are they?

You seriously have no self awareness, do you? You post some fantasy tripe with not even a passing glance at reality and expect it to be taken seriously? Well, seriously by rational people, anyway. Iread it as failed satire not a reasonable appeal for debate on the proper level of taxation in a (small d) democratic society. If you want that discussion ( and you don't), you won't post some mindless, echo chamber fantasy. No, you posted that drivel for affirmation of your bias.

So stop the pretense, Cupcake. You don't want debate; you want to be stroked.
    So in other words, your answer is...

"I dislike Ody because he's smarter than me, and I clearly can't debate with him, so I will just insult him and anyone else who dares to make me answer a question I know I can't defend."

So, whose ego needs stroking? I think the overwhelming majority would say it's you, princess.

And that would mean something if income taxes were the only taxes assessed at the federal level.

Are they?
    So should the people who pay no income tax also be exempt from sales tax and gas tax? And any tax, for that matter? Who should pick up the difference? How much more should the top income earners and middle class earners pay...which brings us back to the original question that you haven't answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    So should the people who pay no income tax also be exempt from sales tax and gas tax? And any tax, for that matter?
    No. But the fact that they do pay taxes should not be ignored or lied about.

No. But the fact that they do pay taxes should not be ignored or lied about.
    Idiot troll is trolling.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Idiot troll is trolling.
    Oh noes! Someone disagrees with the collective!

Troll!!!!!!oneone1112!!!!

No. You're being called a troll because you won't answer a question posed to you. Many have asked( myself included) and you have yet to answer. You made a claim but have not backed it up. You have done nothing but call names, THE sign that you know you're wrong....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

You didn't offer any new information or debate, just your typical snarky trolling.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg