Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    No. But the fact that they do pay taxes should not be ignored or lied about.
    He has a point, and this one I keep finding interesting.

The left keep telling us they only care about the poor and downtrodden. Lower their taxes and help them. But as he's pointing out, the "Sin Tax" is directed almost exclusively at the poor, and it originates almost exclusively from the left who keep insisting on raising it.

Arroyo, why do the left hate the poor so much to keep imposing such barbaric taxes on them? Taxes that are singling out the poor and lower income. How many rich people do you know that buy kool cigs, and a 30 pack of Bush light for the weekend? The items that are taxes far more, for being "Sinful".

Why does Obama hate the poor demanding a new "Sin Tax" on sugary foods? Another item regular eaten by lower income people.

Why does the left hate the poor?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    He has a point, and this one I keep finding interesting.

The left keep telling us they only care about the poor and downtrodden. Lower their taxes and help them. But as he's pointing out, the "Sin Tax" is directed almost exclusively at the poor, and it originates almost exclusively from the left who keep insisting on raising it.

Arroyo, why do the left hate the poor so much to keep imposing such barbaric taxes on them? Taxes that are singling out the poor and lower income. How many rich people do you know that buy kool cigs, and a 30 pack of Bush light for the weekend? The items that are taxes far more, for being "Sinful".

Why does Obama hate the poor demanding a new "Sin Tax" on sugary foods? Another item regular eaten by lower income people.

Why does the left hate the poor?
    Outstanding!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Regardless (and I'm not even getting into other federal taxes), when the bullshit, the outright aggressive untruth that half do not pay taxes at the federal level, is presented, I am going to call it what it is; a lie.
    http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Now dispute these numbers. Not with snark but with hard evidence.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

OK, I'm going to go......real.....sloooooowwww for you, k?

Johnny makes only $30K a year. Johnny had $2500 taken from his paycheck in federal taxes withheld. With me so far? Good. Now, after all his standard deductions as well as claiming his 2 children, Johnny finds out he's getting a tax refund of $3,000. So, even though Johnny got $2,500 taken from his check, he's getting back $500 more than he paid in hence he bears zero tax burden. Thanks to those gubment tax programs like I mentioned, someone else is picking up his tax burden. However, this line of logic is all lost on you. No go get your shinebox.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Now dispute these numbers. Not with snark but with hard evidence.
    I do not dispute the trope about income taxes. I dispute they are the only taxes paid at the federal level.

On a side note, I am well aware of what you do and my wife is an inner city high school teacher. We agree on many more things than you realize. But that is real world shit.

And that would mean something if income taxes were the only taxes assessed at the federal level.

Are they?
    No, and nobody said that they were. We're talking about federal income taxes.

Nobody is lying about it. The left demands progressive income taxes and claims that the 1% need to be taxed at higher rates because of "fairness", despite the fact that the 1% pays far more in taxes than any other equivalent group.
    I do not dispute the trope about income taxes. I dispute they are the only taxes paid at the federal level.

On a side note, I am well aware of what you do and my wife is an inner city high school teacher. We agree on many more things than you realize. But that is real world shit.
    In other words, you redefined the debate in order to claim that our position was false.

Do you realize what a tool you come off as when you try to play these asinine games?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You are so full of shit! DAMN!

When are you going to stop playing these stupid games? You sit back and snark at a distance, and then say: "Oops, you guys are right"... You knew exactly what was being talked about.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, and nobody said that they were. We're talking about federal income taxes.

Nobody is lying about it. The left demands progressive income taxes and claims that the 1% need to be taxed at higher rates because of "fairness", despite the fact that the 1% pays far more in taxes than any other equivalent group.

In other words, you redefined the debate in order to claim that our position was false.

Do you realize what a tool you come off as when you try to play these asinine games?
    The truth of the matter is that the only fair way to tax everyone, well, fairly is something like the Fair Tax. This way everyone pays the same rate, however, not everyone pays the same amount. Keeping the Fair Tax as is, the wealthy purchase more new items at a greater expense so they will definitely be paying their "fair share". Right now, the tax system is not kind to achievers and releases slugs from any burden at all. Yoyo can go on about other federal taxes but everyone pays those pesky embedded taxes which in the grand scheme of things are not life or game changing. Nowhere near the impact of income tax.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

You've known EXACTLY that it is just Federal Income Taxes that have been talked about and discussed in this thread and the other one you've done nothing but trolled in and gone on about this stupid meme of "those aren't the only taxes paid, so it's a lie".

We know there are other taxes, and depending on the tax, there may be an agreement on whether or no they need to be paid or not.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry