Thread: U.S. Press Freedom Dropped To 47th …

Hybrid View

1. #1 U.S. Press Freedom Dropped To 47th … 

U.S. Press Freedom Dropped To 47th …

America gone Fascist usually leads to the recent law empowering the Pentagon to arrest and imprison citizens without regard to the Constitution but there’s another aspect getting less attention. Three current reports paint the picture: FBI Seeks Social Media Monitoring Tool is self-explanatory; the government police peering over everybody’s shoulder at their personal affairs is historically only present in totalitarian societies.

Another report tells of: Twitter Announces It Will Censor Some Tweets: Activists Worried. Again, the media and communication systems indulging in censorship of this stripe has only occurred in the absence of such rights as we have taken for granted heretofore. The deafening silence from the major media is an additional, negative warning for those paying attention.

The final straw was heaped on the camel’s back by: U.S. Falls To 47th In Press Freedom Rankings, a report that makes increased sense when taken in the context of the previous two.

Add to these, the government has been repeatedly attempting to find an excuse to control the Internet, currently with SOPA and PIPA in Congress.

What do you suppose it all means?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    a bunch of libtards bitching because the Occuturds got told to shut up and arrested for their crimes. it's a concern, and would be a bigger one if SOPA and PIPA had been past or if the new version that Reid is pushing gets passed, but the freedom of the press if waning for other reasons than the one stated in the article
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Record 19 reporters, media execs join Team Obama

For some Washington reporters and media execs, cheering their team from the sidelines just isn’t good enough: Tugging on a red, white and blue Team Obama jersey is the answer.
    That’s the case for a whopping 19 journalists and media executives, including five from the Washington Post and three each from ABC and CNN, who’ve gone into the administration or center-left groups supporting the president.

Those inside the administration hit 14 this month when the Post’s Stephen Barr joined the Labor Department. That’s a record, say some revolving door watchers, and could even be much higher: The Post reports that “dozens” of former journalists have joined the administration, although Washington Secrets couldn’t verify that tally.

Many are in communications and speech writing offices, most prominently Jay Carney, the president’s spokesman who ran Time’s Washington bureau, and husband to ABC’s Claire Shipman. Some joined as the news business collapsed, many to finally voice their politics, and others, notably former Transportation spokeswoman Jill Zuckman, because she liked her future boss, Secretary Ray LaHood, a rare Republican in the administration. That relationship rocked: LaHood broke through the lower-tier Cabinet P.R. ceiling to become one of the most well-known Transportation secretaries ever. She had worked for the Chicago Tribune.

The revolving door isn’t a surprise to critics of the media and Obama. “The number of reporters going into the Obama administration merely confirms what I knew and what most conservatives long believed >>>

With this President's attack on the First and Second Amendments, I doesn't surprise me.

The press is still free, as long as they freely post approved stories through the White House. All they need is to call up Media Matters for the daily approved news and current talking points.

Soon they'll rid the airwaves of those nasty little sites with their annoying propensity to dig up pesky, troublesome little facts that upset the State approved narrative. Fox and that horrid little experiment called the internet will need massive regulation for our own good of course, but that is merely an Executive Order away.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Yes today we have our very own version of Pravda (which being interpreted means "Truth").

I suppose MSLSD leads the charge.