Thread: SHARK has their drone shot down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 SHARK has their drone shot down 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/citi...illance-drone/

US Citizens Shoot Down Animal Rights Group’s Surveillance Drone

A remote-controlled aircraft owned and operated by an animal rights group called SHARK, was reportedly shot down near Broxton Bridge Plantation, South Carolina, on Sunday.
    TheTandD.com reports:

Steve Hindi, president of SHARK (SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness), said his group was preparing to launch its Mikrokopter drone to video what he called a live pigeon shoot on Sunday when law enforcement officers and an attorney claiming to represent the privately-owned plantation near Ehrhardt tried to stop the aircraft from flying.
    “It didn’t work; what SHARK was doing was perfectly legal,” Hindi said in a news release. “Once they knew nothing was going to stop us, the shooting stopped and the cars lined up to leave.”
    Hindi said the animal rights group decided to send the drone up anyway but that seconds after it hit the air “numerous shots rang out.”
    “As an act of revenge for us shutting down the pigeon slaughter, they had shot down our copter.”
    He claimed the shooters were “in tree cover” and “fled the scene on small motorized vehicles.”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgk1cRqAfs&
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

This could be the start of bigger things.........
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

we're the hunters breaking the law? if not then where do these assholes get off flying that drone over them? I'd shoot it down if I had a chance.

I thought it was funny these assclowns got their precious toy shot down on them...though I would have come out and confronted them for fucking with my hunt.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I thought it was funny these assclowns got their precious toy shot down on them...though I would have come out and confronted them for fucking with my hunt.
    Why did they run? if they were within their rights to hunt i'd go out to them and shoot the damn thing again on the ground, just to be sure it was dead :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Why did they run? if they were within their rights to hunt i'd go out to them and shoot the damn thing again on the ground, just to be sure it was dead :D
    only reason I can think of is that they were shooting at the road, which could get them in trouble, not to mention destroying private property

Hehe ... what bunch of maroons. (Yes I know how to spell it)

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    only reason I can think of is that they were shooting at the road, which could get them in trouble, not to mention destroying private property
    you can say i shot it by accident :D

No trespassing means no trespassing. The use of technology does not negate the owner's property rights. Had it been me, I'd string the carcass from my rear-view mirror....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    we're the hunters breaking the law? if not then where do these assholes get off flying that drone over them? I'd shoot it down if I had a chance.
    Shooting over a road is a crime as is the destruction of property.

It might vary by municipality but I've never heard of air space intrusions being legally definable as trespassing.

FWIW I think it was pretty funny.