02-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Fore the most part, DUers and Moonbats in general live in bubbles ( communities of the like minded) , echo chambers ( tv, the internet, media). and as a rule don't like to mix with others who have different ideas, or different lifestyles then themselves.
But if you go by the DU thread presented, The DUers are most intolerent, small mind people I've seen.
Fore me, the people I meet are like a gallery of paintings, each different and unique.
The Moonbats on the other hand want to be in a house of mirrors; everyone is just a reflexion of themselves.CU's Paranormal Expert.
Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
02-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I have friends and relatives who are liberal and we manage to get along just fine. From time to time we have a spirited debate but our relationship transcends political leanings.
Now this just jumped out at me
I wonder what would happen if he woke up one morning to find that his son had been killed in Iraq or that his 15-year-old daughter was pregnant or that his favorite sister was gay.
What if I had a daughter or a sister or a brother that I found out was gay. I would still love them. I would let them know that what I thought the live style they were living was wrong but that I still loved them and I would always be welcome in my home and in my life.
Hey Libs, here is a fact that you need to accept, just because someone thinks that something someone else does is wrong doesn't mean they hate that person. If someone stills a loaf of bread to feed his family, I can state that stealing is wrong but still sympathize with that person's need to provide for those he loves. Stating an point of view that is different than yours does not mean that my speech is hate speech.
You libs have gone a long way to destroying any value that might have been found in calling something hate speech by labeling everything you disagree with as hate speech. You people have diluted lots of other important words by using them in ways they weren't intended. Bigotry, racism, elitism, democracy, freedom, tolerance and acceptance come to mind immediately. Way to go guys and gals“Progress is Providence without God. That is, it is a theory that everything has always
perpetually gone right by accident. It is a sort of atheistic optimism, based on an
everlasting coincidence far more miraculous than a miracle.”
G. K. Chesterton
02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Most people I know are liberal. And so are most of my friends. A few are very good friends. I also have gay/lesbian friends. Very good friends and business assoc. A couple of them are conservative too believe it or not and are also against the militant gay agenda as am I.
So it is no mystery, I am not shy about my conservatism. We have a good laugh sometimes like when I used to call CNN the Clinton News Network a few years back. Now its MSLSD that gets most of the fanfare. :biggrin:
Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
02-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Would really like to turn this title around on the Du poster, and ask ....
Can conservatives really be friends with liberals?
To this, I give a ... resounding YES!
Most of my British and Canadian family members are Labor/Liberal folks when it comes to politics. Guess this has given me an advantage over the years of having to deal with the differences in our ideological beliefs..
Meaning strictly ... a system of ideals, that form the basis of economic or political policy. (Thanks dictionary definition! :smile:)
It truly has no bearing on my *feelings* for them in the least. I love them, they are my family!
As for personal friends, must admit about 90% of them are as conservative as I am. The other 10%? They are still as dear to me ... but we do tend to step lightly, or avoid politics altogether.
When in social gatherings, we just have fun and enjoy each other's company. When in need of help of any kind, we are there for each other.
Isn't that the way friendships should be? Otherwise, why bother associating with them in the first place?
Here endeth my sermon! :biggrin:
Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 02-20-2012 at 10:34 PM.
02-27-2012, 05:18 PM
No. I don't associate with such trash.I'd rather have a daughter in a whorehouse than a son in the University of Texas.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|