Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    All those taxes you mention are tied to income so you are still full of it.Your fantastical argument only works on folks weak in math.
    He's a liberal Koolaid drinker. Taxes and still higher taxes must be defended as a true and loyal liberal drone.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

All those taxes you mention are tied to income so you are still full of it.Your fantastical argument only works on folks weak in math.
    You are incorrect.

When discussing "income taxes," all other federal taxes, like Medicare and Social Security, are left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You are incorrect.

When discussing "income taxes," all other federal taxes, like Medicare and Social Security, are left out.
    FICA, while separate from the income tax, is still determined by income, and is reported on the 1040. The various articles state that those 47% of filers (i.e., who submitted tax forms) paid no taxes, as accounted for on the forms. One might therefore draw the conclusion that they also paid no FICA. I'll have to do some research to confirm this, but wouldn't surprise me.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    but I don't know any landlord who would prefer to rent to Section 8 tenants when he can rent to people who won't destroy the property or the neighborhood.
    It's not a matter of preference per se but one of 100% occupancy rates and guaranteed rent and repair payments. Section 8 housing doesn't mean you don't have control over who you rent to actually you have more control and once you have the paper tiger under control it becomes a cash cow of sorts. Sure rental rates are tighter controlled but what you might lose in rent is more than made up in occupancy rates. Rental occupancy only one of the benefits tied to Sect 8 housing.

Slumlords are slumlords by design not because of govt housing or property taxes or tenants.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

You are incorrect.

when discussing a single subject what bearing does another have in the discussion . Medicare & social security rates are tied to Income and benefits capped by income.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

when discussing a single subject what bearing does another have in the discussion
    In this instance, it renders the discussion incomplete.

When talking about the tax burden, leaving out taxes that fall more heavily on those with less income in order to make a point about how those with less income pay no taxes is dishonest, at best.

Medicare & social security rates are tied to Income and benefits capped by income.
    And?

In this instance, it renders the discussion incomplete.

When talking about the tax burden, leaving out taxes that fall more heavily on those with less income in order to make a point about how those with less income pay no taxes is dishonest, at best.

And?
    How can the tax burden fall more heavily on someone when everyone is taxed at the same rate ? If you are talking percent of income that's why there are caps on the taxes and benefits capped also.

Actually, when you shift the conversation to those who are taxed unfairly at a higher rate, I nominate the small business owner and self employed individuals. That's because the small business owner pays both the employee's share of social security and the employer's share, for a total of around 15%.

After that, he gets to pay income tax just like everyone else.

FICA as I understand it is not actually a tax. Though you would never guess that by hearing the 0bama regime bragging how they are cutting that 'tax' to save people $40/mo or whatever it is. FICA is actually a contribution .. to your own retirement fund! (Social Security) So by cutting this payroll 'tax' Zippy is actually weakening the already bankrupt SS system as we know it. And what did he take from Medicare/Medicaid? A billion dollars to help fund 0bamacare? Hey! Thats a twofer! Way to go King Zippy, Marvel of Moochers, Patron Saint of the Parasites and Counselor of Fraud.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

You'll never get a straight answer out of AD (moonbat) since it is the full purpose of his posts to try and confuse the issues. Since the opening post of the thread SPECIFFICALLY says FEDERAL INCOME TAXES, all reference to FICA, Medicare, excise, etc. has been removed from the conversation.

Really do hate to hear the 49.5 number although I fully expected it ti surpass 50% by now. The worse news though is the percentage drawing funds from me and you via kickbacks from the federales (somewhere above 30% of filers).
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.