Chris Christie thinks Warren Buffett should 'shut up' about additional taxes.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is known for telling it like it is and didn't bite his tongue when the topic of taxes and Warren Buffett came up on The Piers Morgan Show on Tuesday night. Christie had been talking about his budget plan when Morgan brought up Buffett. "He should just write a check and shut up," Christie said. Earlier in the interview, Christie said he's sick of hearing about Buffett and asked Morgan if he was going to ask about Buffett's secretary next.
Buffett's income & Taxes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnov...te-is-just-11/had adjusted gross income in 2010 of $62,855,038, taxable income of $39,814,784, and a federal income tax bill of$6,923,494. That makes his effective tax rate, as a percentage of AGI, just 11.06%, compared to an average effective rate in 2008 (the most recent year available) of 18.1% of AGI for the 400 taxpayers with the largest incomes,
If Buffett was so sincere, he would just declare his income and pay taxes on it. You know, Adjusted gross = Taxable income. No deductions. Nothing illegal about that. Should take him 10 minutes and he wouldn't have to keep all that paper work.
Here's more info:
Income / % AGI Paid
200-500,000 / 19.50
1-10,000,000 / 24.47
10,000,000 + / 20.89
109,736,000+ / 18.11
The last category represents the highest 400 referred to in the post previous. You gotta make more than 109,736,00 to get into that category.
49.5% of Americans Pay No Federal Income Tax, Can
Obama Get that Number to 51% by November?
Under Barack Obama, the number of people not paying federal income taxes in America has officially hit 49.5%. That means almost half of America, or 151.7 million Americans, are enjoying privileges or living off benefits the other 50.5% pay for. What kind of benefits am I talking about? Almost every kind you think about.
MORE great reasons to vote democrat ...
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|