Thread: New Skin

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You can switch to the other at bottom left hand of page.
    Thank God for that. It took me ages to find the little box, on that horrible color combination. Men shouldn't be allowed to pick these things; they can't really detect color very well. As my husband says, "Men only have a few more rods and cones in their eyes than dogs do."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

SR has been up until midnight for the past week making this place nice for us and then there is the expenditure.
    It doesn't all happen at once, there is tweaking to be done.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

What is with the "cut-out" appearance on some of the smilies?

But not on others

Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Thank God for that. It took me ages to find the little box, on that horrible color combination. Men shouldn't be allowed to pick these things; they can't really detect color very well. As my husband says, "Men only have a few more rods and cones in their eyes than dogs do."
    I'm going to change the editor colors next, I had to take SLW to the docs for an appt.

Also, although I like this skin alot the instructions assume you know vBulletin like the back of your hand and that's not good. The designer needs to come up with a better set of install docs.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    What is with the "cut-out" appearance on some of the smilies?

But not on others

The quality of the smilie. The difference is the cut to transparency and I am just guessing, but the clean one is probably a PNG and the rougher one is probably a GIF.

EDIT: Ayup I checked and, as usual, I'm right.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

I was sort of digging the brighter light. Black is usually CU's color though. Sort of makes it exciting. lol.

Have you considered the possiblity of having a format which allows multiple skins to choose from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I was sort of digging the brighter light. Black is usually CU's color though. Sort of makes it exciting. lol.

Have you considered the possiblity of having a format which allows multiple skins to choose from?
    Um...at the bottom lefthand corner of this page is a drop-down menu with the option of this skin or the light one. :wink:
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    The quality of the smilie. The difference is the cut to transparency and I am just guessing, but the clean one is probably a PNG and the rougher one is probably a GIF.

EDIT: Ayup I checked and, as usual, I'm right.
    Yes, you have the old tech smilie vs the newer stuff. We'll work it all out but THAT ain't high on the list. :biggrin:
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yes, you have the old tech smilie vs the newer stuff. We'll work it all out but THAT ain't high on the list. :biggrin:
    Well move up higher there bub...

:tongue:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Sorry, can't blame SR for this one. He asked me to pick out the colors. We reviewed what's available for purchase. Everyone was complaianing about the bright, blind your eyes color that came with the upgrade.

SR posted the sample before he purchased it. The problem is you get only a sample, don't know the glitches til after it's purchased.

Funny thing, people gripe if it's too bright or if it's too dark. We're trying to do the best that we can with our resources.

The color choices done by techies aren't that great. Believe me, this was one of the best that we could find that combined the new features that SR wanted with a color that wouldn't blind people. SR has put in a lot of time on this. I guess "volunteers" get no respect.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"