Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If the army had accidentally burned a bunch of Bibles at a fort in the south during the 1950s, how would the people nearby responded? Probably the same way many of them responded to Scopes/Darwin, rock music and revenuers.

There are billions of muslims in this world. I can't believe that there is no hope for any of them.
    No hope what so ever.

Assuming this even happened.

All it takes is one local insurgent to start the RUMOR that a Koran is being burned to whip the uneducated masses into a frenzy over there.

Like in Uruzgan Province last year when the Taliban tried to claim we bayonetted a Koran. That got the locals riled up until we pointed out to the provincial elders the 30 year old soviet bayonet stuck in the Koran wasn't used by either Australian or American forces.

This is the Taliban propaganda wing yanking ISAFs chain and getting a 4 Star General to jump for them.

And yes I know they reportedly found pieces of a Koran. We found pre burnt Korans in raids last year.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Assuming this even happened.

All it takes is one local insurgent to start the RUMOR that a Koran is being burned to whip the uneducated masses into a frenzy over there.

Like in Uruzgan Province last year when the Taliban tried to claim we bayonetted a Koran. That got the locals riled up until we pointed out to the provincial elders the 30 year old soviet bayonet stuck in the Koran wasn't used by either Australian or American forces.

This is the Taliban propaganda wing yanking ISAFs chain and getting a 4 Star General to jump for them.

And yes I know they reportedly found pieces of a Koran. We found pre burnt Korans in raids last year.
    I've never been to those hellholes you soilders go to but why do they get worked up so quickly? Is there faith so easlly shaken?

If the army had accidentally burned a bunch of Bibles at a fort in the south during the 1950s, how would the people nearby responded? Probably the same way many of them responded to Scopes/Darwin, rock music and revenuers.

There are billions of muslims in this world. I can't believe that there is no hope for any of them.
    There have been many Bibles burned over the years. Some of the burnings are available for viewing on UTube.

Historically, Christians have ignored such carrying-on. I guess they are clever enough to know that burning a Bible or a Koran does nothing at all to alter the truth. Then they go out and buy another Bible. Or Koran. They are sold everywhere.

Fabulous Poster
    This is why I don't have any bumper stickers on my truck- because I would have it covered in stickers:

• Burn the Koran
    • Deport illegal aliens
    • Extirpate Islam
    • Deport Amy Goodman
    • Joseph Smith was not a prophet you dumbass you.
    • Scientology is not a religion, you idiot.
    • Have a nice day.
    • To Hell with the Rays and the Bucs- don't let the door hit you in the ass.

I do have two window stickers- my beach parking sticker and my NRA sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    This is why I don't have any bumper stickers on my truck- because I would have it covered in stickers:

Burn the Koran
    Deport illegal aliens
    Extirpate Islam
    Deport Amy Goodman
    Joseph Smith was not a prophet you dumbass you.
    Scientology is not a religion, you idiot.
    Have a nice day.
    To Hell with the Rays and the Bucs- don't let the door hit you in the ass.

I do have two window stickers- my beach parking sticker and my NRA sticker.

You left out your NAMBLA sticker.

Of course, there's hope for most of them, noony, but do the math. If only one half of one percent of them are batshit insane and think that allah wants them to kill for him, that's 11 million batshit insane people who think that allah wants them to kill for him. That's why I think we have bigger problem than most people are willing to realize. 11 million people can do a shitload of damage to the rest of humanity. But let's throw on some rose-colored glasses and say it's only one tenth of one percent; that's 2.2 million savages that are up to no good. Therein lies the rub.

I'm just sayin'.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I've never been to those hellholes you soilders go to but why do they get worked up so quickly? Is there faith so easlly shaken?
    No they are just that easily tricked. You're dealing with a country that has IRRC a 5% literacy rate. Everything is passed word of mouth and thus taken as the truth. The Taliban play on that with their Koran burning/desecration rumors.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Stereotype much? The Saudis and other Muslim rulers burn Bibles as a matter of course, whenever they get their hands on them. It's the preferred means of dealing with any religion but theirs. OTOH, I highly doubt that even southern segregationists would have responded to an accidental burning of Bibles by beheading someone, as the Afghans do.

If the mullahs have their way, there isn't. Islam demands total submission, and Sharia law enforces that. It empowers the mullahs, who then get to impose their interpretation of Sharia on everyone else. Their only hope is if we win against the global jihad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    The short answer is, yes. Islam has a problem with modernity that other religions lack. The Qur'an tells them that they are superior to everyone else, and that they must rule the entire world. When they were conquering everything in sight, that looked valid, but after they established their empire, they began to stagnate. Islam suppresses science, art, history and any other academic discipline that cannot be completely corrupted into Islamic doctrine. As a result, the Islamic world fell behind the west, but it was a gradual process. By the Age of Exploration, however, it was obvious, and this created a problem for Islam: If Allah wanted Islam to rule the world, and everything that happened in the world was the will of Allah, then why were westerners kicking ass? Why did Jan Sobieski beat them back at Vienna? Why did the Venetians kick their fleet to pieces at Lepanto? Why did that upstart republic in the Americas tear the Barbary Pirates a new one? How is it that the infidels could not only make better guns, but use them more effectively? This created a massive inferiority complex, which, when applied to a shame-based society instead of a guilt-based society, resulted in the behavior that we're seeing. When members of a guilt-based culture are confronted with failure or defeat, they internalize it, think about it and come back from it stronger. When members of a shame-based culture are confronted with failure or defeat, they fly into a rage. This is why whenever Islam is perceived to have been slighted, Muslims go berserk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Of course, there's hope for most of them, noony, but do the math. If only one half of one percent of them are batshit insane and think that allah wants them to kill for him, that's 11 million batshit insane people who think that allah wants them to kill for him. That's why I think we have bigger problem than most people are willing to realize. 11 million people can do a shitload of damage to the rest of humanity. But let's throw on some rose-colored glasses and say it's only one tenth of one percent; that's 2.2 million savages that are up to no good. Therein lies the rub.

I'm just sayin'.
    Most polls put the number of jihadi simpathizers in the 40-70% range, depending on the country. That's a lot of guano.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The reason these ragheads get away with this shit is were so fucking hamstrung in the region by limp-wristed liberals back home. I wonder if the guys shooting rifles in the air and throwing rocks at us are the bad guys? Hmmm.

In a better world they get blown up for doing this kinda shit.
    The two most corrosive effects on urban America: Gun control and gentrification.