Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wwworkingguy View Post
    Unless there is something I'm missing, I cannot fathom the stupidity of those that burned this trash anyplace near where these fanatic people could find out.
    From what I have read, it wasn't intentional. All trash is burned in the AOR. I think it's possible the books were mixed in with regular trash inadvertently. Local nationals are routinely given jobs on bases as a way to help stimulate the local economy. Many may work in the burn pits. I try to respect most religions. I think the moniker of stupidity should be leveled at those who believe it's justified to take the lives of as many people as possible simply because a mass produced, cheap copy of their religious text was accidentally thrown in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    From what I have read, it wasn't intentional. All trash is burned in the AOR. I think it's possible the books were mixed in with regular trash inadvertently. Local nationals are routinely given jobs on bases as a way to help stimulate the local economy. Many may work in the burn pits. I try to respect most religions. I think the moniker of stupidity should be leveled at those who believe it's justified to take the lives of as many people as possible simply because a mass produced, cheap copy of their religious text was accidentally thrown in the trash.
    At Balad, we had LNs working on trash collection, while the burn pits were run by contractors under green-suiter supervision, but the bases in Afghanistan may have different procedures.

What I don't get is how they ended up trashed in the first place. Most US personnel aren't likely to have multiple copies of the Qur'an sitting around, unless it was a chaplain, and they'd know better.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    At Balad, we had LNs working on trash collection, while the burn pits were run by contractors under green-suiter supervision, but the bases in Afghanistan may have different procedures.

What I don't get is how they ended up trashed in the first place. Most US personnel aren't likely to have multiple copies of the Qur'an sitting around, unless it was a chaplain, and they'd know better.
    It's been confirmed that these copies were used by muzzie prisoners and were "defaced", by having writing in them. The particular writing was jihadist messages meant to be passed on to other prisoners.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    It's been confirmed that these copies were used by muzzie prisoners and were "defaced", by having writing in them. The particular writing was jihadist messages meant to be passed on to other prisoners.
    In that case, they should have been kept in the G2 section for analysis. By permitting them to be viewed by LN laborers without security clearances, they were permitting a serious security breach.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If the army had accidentally burned a bunch of Bibles at a fort in the south during the 1950s, how would the people nearby responded? Probably the same way many of them responded to Scopes/Darwin, rock music and revenuers.

There are billions of muslims in this world. I can't believe that there is no hope for any of them.
    Or maybe worse, like the way NORTHERNERS did during the busing of those precious Black students they acted like they gave a damn about,,,,,,,,,,,,until they had the nerve to darken (pardon the pun) the doors of MY SCHOOL!!! Seriously, why do you have to attack the South like this. Have you ever lived in the South? You reek of the same prejudice you liberals feign you don't have.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If the army had accidentally burned a bunch of Bibles at a fort in the south during the 1950s, how would the people nearby responded? Probably the same way many of them responded to Scopes/Darwin, rock music and revenuers.

There are billions of muslims in this world. I can't believe that there is no hope for any of them.
    That has to be one of the most senseless statements I have ever read.

Had that happened near my church, we would have had the pickup filled with new testaments and on the way to replace the lost bibles before the smoke cleared.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

This is worth watching. Don't be put off by the first few seconds. It's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEctbGSkkw
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

The young lady has a way with words.....

" I'm sorry we don't have a leader with enough balls......

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    This is worth watching. Don't be put off by the first few seconds. It's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEctbGSkkw
    That was awesome. Is it too late to get her on the primary ballot in Virginia?
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That was awesome. Is it too late to get her on the primary ballot in Virginia?
    Nice. I am now awaiting for the same outrage when a Christian is arrested in a Muslim country.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 02-25-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.