Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Let me see if I have the logic right here, if the winner and most popular candidate is Rick Santorum, he has less chance to win the popular vote over Obama than one of our less popular people that couldn't get enough votes to win the primaries.
    Only 600,000 Republicans voted in the Florida primary. That's a miserable turn out.

Santorum was all puffed up because he claimed three victories in three states totaling fewer voters than Tulsa has by itself.

So yeah, he can win the primary and lose the Presidential contest. Give or take a third of the American vote is Republican. For either a Democrat or a Republican to win, he needs all of the votes of his own party and either half of the independents or some combination of independents and crossover votes. Santorum can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The Anglican communion has evolved and promises to be the dominant civic church. As Christian mythology evolves into essential cultural traditions rather than an actual belief in gods and monsters, the Anglican communion will absorb other non-religious churches whose congregations wish a more textured experience.

Buddhist philosophy has reportedly made tremendous inroads in seminary trained clerics.
    The majority of the Anglican Church is opposed to same sex marriage and the Episcopal Church as the U.S. representative of the Anglican Church is bleeding membership to the point that in 20 years or so it may not even be considered a viable Church. What it is becoming is a civic organization along the lines of 4-H or the Shiners. It is quickly casting aside any distinctions that set it apart as an alternative to the secular culture.

As a Church embraces the secular culture it looses its identity as a place of worship. Why should a person choose to get up every Sunday morning when they could sleep in and go to a monthly meeting of the Kiwanis' Club instead?

I won't argue that the Eastern philosophies haven't polluted much of western Christendom via the western liberal seminaries. It doesn't make it right or it doesn't mean that they have become enlightened. It simply means they have exchanged the truth for a lie as Christ as predicted they would. This is the point of the gay agenda, I believe, when it comes to Christianity. To dilute the message of God and pervert it in such a way that society if fooled in to thinking that it is doing God's will. Christian beliefs call homosexuality a sin and it does this in no uncertain terms. When one doesn't wish to repent from a sin that he or she enjoys then the options are to either reject the belief system or pervert it to say something more favorable.

This is not only true of the homosexual feelings of religion, I don't want you to think that I am picking specifically on gays and lesbians. There are lots of area's of our schizophrenic culture that can't let go of the things they suspect in their heart are wrong so which to change rules of society to make those things right? NAMBLA argues for the acceptance of pedophilia. If they manage to convince society that it is ok does that make pedophilia right? Some countries are changing the laws that ban incest, does that make incest ok?

Moral relativism has shone itself to be a philosophical failure so in order to keeping doing the bad things people want to do, many in society have decided to redefine what is ethically acceptable. Change the ethics and the morals will follow. If the moral bar is set to high for some then lower if for all is what society is now all about. Cater to the lowest common denominator instead of helping them to raise up.

I guess I went a bit off tangent. Please forgive me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I don't know which Episcopal church you go to but from my experience, you are way off.

Do you guys not even have communion?

Let me see if I have the logic right here, if the winner and most popular candidate is Rick Santorum, he has less chance to win the popular vote over Obama than one of our less popular people that couldn't get enough votes to win the primaries.

Rock....Energizing the base is very important, but it doesn't cause the tipping point in elections. Independent votes win POTUS elections. That's how Reagan won, and that's how Bush won. It's also how Obama won. Santorum is extremeley polarizing to them. You would possibly see another 19% point loss like the thumping he took in PA.

I'm so sure that Santorum can't beat Obama that If Santorum wins the nomination, and beats the big O, I'll change my avatar to whatever you want for a year if he wins. Even your little piggy.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Rock....Energizing the base is very important, but it doesn't cause the tipping point in elections. Independent votes win POTUS elections. That's how Reagan won, and that's how Bush won. It's also how Obama won. Santorum is extremeley polarizing to them. You would possibly see another 19% point loss like the thumping he took in PA.

I'm so sure that Santorum can't beat Obama that If Santorum wins the nomination, and beats the big O, I'll change my avatar to whatever you want for a year if he wins. Even your little piggy.
    Yes but you think if Ron Paul could get past his 10% support in the Republican party he could go on to beat Obama and you call me irrational.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Yes but you think if Ron Paul could get past his 10% support in the Republican party he could go on to beat Obama and you call me irrational.

Nope...not calling anyone irrational. Paul pulls in independents though he probably isn't going to win the nomination. 10% is pretty good since he' completely ignored by the media. He also pulls in disenfranchised Democrats who are disillusioned with Obama. Neither Gingrich, Romney or Santy do this. Forget the polls, these are the realities of POTUS politics.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Nope...not calling anyone irrational. Paul pulls in independents though he probably isn't going to win the nomination. 10% is pretty good since he' completely ignored by the media. He also pulls in disenfranchised Democrats who are disillusioned with Obama. Neither Gingrich, Romney or Santy do this. Forget the polls, these are the realities of POTUS politics.
    10 % is meaningless although it is better than the 3% he got last time. At this rate of improvement he should be able to win when he is 100.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

10 % is meaningless although it is better than the 3% he got last time. At this rate of improvement he should be able to win when he is 100.
    Your probably right because the fact that 70% of the GOP voters keep voting for the same ol same ol.... t this rate with the way the GOP likes to keep nominating McCain clones, the Republican party might be defunct by 2016. How unfortunate to conservatives that will be.

Your probably right because the fact that 70% of the GOP voters keep voting for the same ol same ol.... t this rate with the way the GOP likes to keep nominating McCain clones, the Republican party might be defunct by 2016. How unfortunate to conservatives that will be.
    No doubt, why can't the libertarians offer us a viable candidate. Every time we have a libertarian offering they turn out to be a nut sack like Paul.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The majority of the Anglican Church is opposed to same sex marriage
    I think that has a great deal to do with Nigeria and oil exports. Yes, I am serious. The Anglican church in Nigeria is in a battle to keep power in the hands of pro-commerce government (Christian identity) and to contain the Muslims who would destroy the oil business and kill any Christians they could get their hands on. If the COE and the Anglican communion go too liberal too fast for Africa to drag itself out of the cave, then there is a huge financial risk for European/American investors. Just my opinion.

As a Church embraces the secular culture it looses its identity as a place of worship. Why should a person choose to get up every Sunday morning when they could sleep in and go to a monthly meeting of the Kiwanis' Club instead?

The Washington Post found that many parishioners at Episcopal churches enjoy the ritual, the connectivity, the fellowship and of course there are the Realtors.

I won't argue that the Eastern philosophies haven't polluted much of western Christendom via the western liberal seminaries. It doesn't make it right or it doesn't mean that they have become enlightened. It simply means they have exchanged the truth for a lie as Christ as predicted they would.
    Buddhism isn't so much a philosophy as it is a discipline of morality and logic. It's actually quite stringent, and not all that liberal. It's also much more difficult for a person to examine his every motive than it is to follow a small set of rules while looking for loopholes. Buddhism hasn't polluted Christianity, because both are part of the culture of man and man is evolving in his thought processes. IMO, Buddhism might be speeding up the process, but others can see it as confusing and that too is understandable when one is trained to see in black and white, and Buddhism doesn't feature a great deal in the way of common evil and supernatural demons.

This is the point of the gay agenda, I believe, when it comes to Christianity. To dilute the message of God and pervert it in such a way that society if fooled in to thinking that it is doing God's will. Christian beliefs call homosexuality a sin and it does this in no uncertain terms. When one doesn't wish to repent from a sin that he or she enjoys then the options are to either reject the belief system or pervert it to say something more favorable.
    I'm smiling as I read this in the context of your pollution comment. Buddhism not only disapproves of homosexuality, it disapproves of all sex which isn't intended and expected to result in procreation. You just got left out in the cold, didn't you? Most people would. Buddhism regards sex and lust (call it love and marital relations if you like) as a distraction to the path to enlightenment. This is the philosophical reason that Christianity has monastic orders. But most Christians have worked diligently over the last thousand years to find loopholes which permit lust to express itself. And now we even have doctors telling us it's healthy to have sex in the retirement home. Who is actually on the wrong path here?

Some countries are changing the laws that ban incest, does that make incest ok?
    Incest is its own topic. The answer to "does that make incest OK?" is that it all depends. Incest is one of those ancient taboos which came to have a modern justification. But from a strictly historical and logical point of view one would have to say that incest must have been OK at some point in history. We know it was OK in Egypt but not in Rome. I can't recall if it was OK in Greece or ancient China. It was OK for the real or imaginary children of the real or imaginary Adam and Eve, and the grandchildren of Noah.

Moral relativism has shone itself to be a philosophical failure ........
    Moral relativism is like Political Correctness- the term has come to be a catch-all for those things you disagree with. Your statement taken at face value, I'd have to say is false. All morality is relative which is how we arrive at organic morality or universal morality. Example: The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule is organic morality, which is why you find it in almost every culture. However, the Golden Rule is a gross departure from earlier morality. It is a luxury of a civilization which has evolve beyond the survival of the fittest being the core rule. Survival of the fittest is inherently amoral, but moral relativism is required to install the Golden Rule in a society wher self defense is still necessary. So it is like we have a Golden Rule Club- of those worthy of application of the Golden Rule and those worthy of exclusion.

I guess I went a bit off tangent. Please forgive me.
    Forgive? You're having a serious conversation here- I applaud.