Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 “Sharp Deterioration In Job Market” In February… 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    (The Hill) — Unemployment could rise back to 9 percent of the U.S. population in Feburary, according to a Gallup survey released Tuesday, painting a grim picture for the Obama administration, which had been temporarily buoyed by promising jobs figures at the end of January.

Gallup’s mid-month reading, which traditionally previews the government report issued at the end of the month, shows a rise of seven-tenths of a percentage from the 8.3 percent unemployment rate at the end of January. That would be the worst unemployment figure since September of last year.

The survey firm said seasonal factors — including job loss by seasonal workers hired over the holidays — could be responsible for the dip.

“Regardless of what the government reports, Gallup’s unemployment and underemployment measures show a sharp deterioration in job market conditions since mid-January,” the firm said in a statement accompanying the release of the data.

Keep reading…

------

Say goodbye to Obama.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

My knowledge about the number of unemployed is anecdotal and from personal observation - the same as my knowledge of inflation, BTW - but I have a very bad feeling about the next years in America. I do not see how we will ever move back to the full employment world of 4 - 5 % unemployment. There have been too many people out of work for too long.

Add that to the number of 30 year old "kids" still at home and barely working, the termination of the space program, wind down of the armed services, and it all looks pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    My knowledge about the number of unemployed is anecdotal and from personal observation - the same as my knowledge of inflation, BTW - but I have a very bad feeling about the next years in America. I do not see how we will ever move back to the full employment world of 4 - 5 % unemployment. There have been too many people out of work for too long.

Add that to the number of 30 year old "kids" still at home and barely working, the termination of the space program, wind down of the armed services, and it all looks pretty bad.
    What is 1,945 + 65?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    What is 1,945 + 65?

WTH you been smokin'?

WTH you been smokin'?
    :tongue:

Gotta run. It is Fat Tuesday and my wife wants me to go to mass at the Satan (formerly Episcopal) Church tonight.

Either that AD is the dumbest sumbitch in the room or the smartest. I can't make jack-shit out of his posts.

Either that AD is the dumbest sumbitch in the room or the smartest. I can't make jack-shit out of his posts.
    dumbest!!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Bah - that's what they said before it was there under "W" and that's what they said when oil hit $135 barrell and... could go on all day.

Fabulous Poster

I don't see a lot of people relearning how to be a cooperative family economic unit. I still see young people moving out before they are ready for "privacy" or because their parents don't get it either. What precise valuable lesson is taught to a young person when you teach him that it's better to be "independent" and poor instead of cooperative and smart?

My grandparents were the first generation of our family who didn't have their parents in the same house. Then when my grandfather died, my grandmother lived with us. That's the way it's supposed to be, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't see a lot of people relearning how to be a cooperative family economic unit. I still see young people moving out before they are ready for "privacy" or because their parents don't get it either. What precise valuable lesson is taught to a young person when you teach him that it's better to be "independent" and poor instead of cooperative and smart?

My grandparents were the first generation of our family who didn't have their parents in the same house. Then when my grandfather died, my grandmother lived with us. That's the way it's supposed to be, imo.
    That is a good way but it doesn't work for everyone.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg