Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I would submit that if she was a Liberal, she was brain dead long before her head hit the ground.
    Well, if she wasn't a liberal before she was brain dead, she is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Holy crap. I mean...wow. And if said bullet should 'wing' said perp then continue on it's way and hit someone else, what then?
    The real idiocy is that they don't understand how much damage a bullet does when you're just "winged". Even a small caliber bullet, like a .22, will break bone on impact, and the exit wounds from larger rounds can be horrific. Clearly, being brain dead is a requirement at DU.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, if she wasn't a liberal before she was brain dead, she is now.

The real idiocy is that they don't understand how much damage a bullet does when you're just "winged". Even a small caliber bullet, like a .22, will break bone on impact, and the exit wounds from larger rounds can be horrific. Clearly, being brain dead is a requirement at DU.
    Worse yet, most LE departments use hollow points meaning the bullet will fragment on impact. Besides, even in my job where there is a 99.9999999999999999999999999% probability that I will never draw my weapon let alone pull the trigger, we're trained to aim center mass and we don't shoot to wound, we shoot to kill. Most agencies train this way as well. On a side note, when it comes to escaping inmates, we are authorized to shoot in the back as well. :biggrin:
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    It's as predictable as the sun rising in the morning:

LOL! They never, ever get it.
    That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that there have been enough cases of police tasering that a person can reasonably conclude that the tasers are not being used as less lethal defense, they are being used a control devices and cattle prods. The police should not be tasering someone because he isn't moving fast enough to please them.

Fabulous Poster
    Worse yet, most LE departments use hollow points meaning the bullet will fragment on impact. Besides, even in my job where there is a 99.9999999999999999999999999% probability that I will never draw my weapon let alone pull the trigger, we're trained to aim center mass and we don't shoot to wound, we shoot to kill. Most agencies train this way as well. On a side note, when it comes to escaping inmates, we are authorized to shoot in the back as well. :biggrin:
    DO you tase inmates for being mouthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    If it were, Skinner would be charged with genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that there have been enough cases of police tasering that a person can reasonably conclude that the tasers are not being used as less lethal defense, they are being used a control devices and cattle prods. The police should not be tasering someone because he isn't moving fast enough to please them.
    That's right princess. stamp your widdle feet. Those big bad poewees made her drive her car under the influence cause two accidents while being suspended AND flee from custody TWICE.

The big question: Who's not posting at DU now
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Ouch. I tend to think in terms of FMJ rounds, because that's what we use (hollow points are actually banned by the GC), but that's another issue. Everybody is taught to shoot COM, because it's the largest target and has the most vital organs. The odds of a miss increase dramatically when you try to shoot limbs, and the odds on stopping someone also drop dramatically. You can cause permanent damage, but you may not end up doing enough damage to keep them from killing someone or escaping. You don't casually shoot people to wound them, because the moment that you engage with a firearm, you are using lethal force. If the effects are less than lethal, it's usually not for want of trying.

DUmmies think that bullets are like phasers that can be set to "stun".

t is significant that the man Clinton turns to for military advice ---who argued against the tanks and APC's for the raid in Mogadishu---is the same Warren Christopher (then a high official in Jimmy Carter's National Security Council) who helped plan the disastrous raid to rescue the hostages in Iran.

At a planning session for the Tehran rescue, the man selected to lead the raid, the late Colonel Charlie Beckwith, was asked what the would do about the Iranian guards. Bechwith, a no-nonsense veteran of special operations, replied that as they came out the door they would be shot in the head---twice---to be sure they couldn't do any harm.

Warren Christopher gasped, grimaced, viscerally shocked, and asked, "Couldn't you just shoot them in the hand?"

No, he saves that for posters who get mouthy. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    ............. is significant that the man Clinton turns to for military advice ---who argued against the tanks and APC's for the raid in Mogadishu---is the same Warren Christopher (then a high official in Jimmy Carter's National Security Council) who helped plan the disastrous raid to rescue the hostages in Iran.

At a planning session for the Tehran rescue, the man selected to lead the raid, the late Colonel Charlie Beckwith, was asked what the would do about the Iranian guards. Bechwith, a no-nonsense veteran of special operations, replied that as they came out the door they would be shot in the head---twice---to be sure they couldn't do any harm.

Warren Christopher gasped, grimaced, viscerally shocked, and asked, "Couldn't you just shoot them in the hand?" .............
    Words fail me when I try to express my disdain for Warren Christopher. A more effete individual never lived. He has no place in any policy setting position.

We don't have tasers fuckface. In fact, with the exception of supervisors, we don't have weapons of any kind. So you can take that snarky remark and rub it on your chest.

they are being used a control devices and cattle prods. The police should not be tasering someone because he isn't moving fast enough to please them.
    Please provide definitive proof of this. I'll wait. Not the act of an individual, but please show me which department says this is policy.