Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Santorum's satan warning 
    "This is a spiritual war. And the Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies would have his sights on: a good, decent, powerful, influential country - the United States of America. If you were Satan, who would you attack in this day and age?"

"He attacks all of us and he attacks all of our institutions."

Santorum made the provocative comments to students at Ave Maria University in Florida.
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3s.htm

I am pretty much in agreement with this.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

How about this:

"We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    How about this:

"We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."
    Ok Oreo... drop the gotcha you're holding on to...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I can see why too. Every decent thing in this country seems to be under a barrage attack. As our three resident "Progressive"(or has the term changed?) members keep singing about...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

How about this:

I don't have an issue with that either.

Keep in mind that I'm a Episcopalian and in the upper tiers of the TEC hierarchical structure resides the most godless bunch of pagans and gnostics to every call themselves Christians. I can think of very few elements of common Christian doctrine that they haven't cast aside. Christian beliefs are to stand as an alternative to secular culture. The new Episcopals instead have embraced watered down version secular humanism that would cause Jesus to turn over in His tomb if He had a Tomb to turn over in. :wink:

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I don't have an issue with that either.

Keep in mind that I'm a Episcopalian and in the upper tiers of the TEC hierarchical structure resides the most godless bunch of pagans and gnostics to every call themselves Christians. I can think of very few elements of common Christian doctrine that they haven't cast aside. Christian beliefs are to stand as an alternative to secular culture. The new Episcopals instead have embraced watered down version secular humanism that would cause Jesus to turn over in His tomb if He had a Tomb to turn over in. :wink:

Wow.

Was it the prayers for the poor, the lonely, and the oppressed that pissed you off?

Wow.

Was it the prayers for the poor, the lonely, and the oppressed that pissed you off?
    It was among other things

1) the endorsement of abortion
    2) the ordination of non-celebate gay priests and bishops
    3) the acceptence of same-sex marriages despite scripture stating otherwise
    4) putting intuition over the authority of scripture
    5) the law suits against parishes that wanted to leave the church with their property
    6) the re-interpretation of Episcopal Canon to mean whatever it is they want it to mean
    7) stating that Christ was not the only way to God despite Jesus stating otherwise
    8) ordaining a known pedaphile, defrocked priest as an Episcopal Priest and acting surprised when he abused more children
    9) removing the mascline references to God and Christ

I'm not even warmed up yet. Should I continue?

Did you know that TEC generally sues parishes that wish to leave under the pretext that they are protecting the assets of the greater church and then are often forced to sell the property in order to pay for the legal expenses it took take the buildings away from the people who wanted to leave?

Would you like more information?

C. S. Lewis

It was among other things

1) the endorsement of abortion
    2) the ordination of non-celebate gay priests and bishops
    3) the acceptence of same-sex marriages despite scripture stating otherwise
    4) putting intuition over the authority of scripture
    5) the law suits against parishes that wanted to leave the church with their property
    6) the re-interpretation of Episcopal Canon to mean whatever it is they want it to mean
    7) stating that Christ was not the only way to God despite Jesus stating otherwise
    8) ordaining a known pedaphile, defrocked priest as an Episcopal Priest and acting surprised when he abused more children
    9) removing the mascline references to God and Christ

I'm not even warmed up yet. Should I continue?

Did you know that TEC generally sues parishes that wish to leave under the pretext that they are protecting the assets of the greater church and then are often forced to sell the property in order to pay for the legal expenses it took take the buildings away from the people who wanted to leave?

Would you like more information?
    No. I am at Ground Zero on that Iker argument.

Given the situation this country is in, I can't believe this is even being talked about. Talk about deck chairs on the Titanic. Wow.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Given the situation this country is in, I can't believe this is even being talked about. Talk about deck chairs on the Titanic. Wow.
    Here's hoping the Republicans do better after one of the field is chosen. We don't need to get into the religious wars. I thought one of the first things we learn is to not get into religious discussions socially. That applies to politics, too.

We can't fall into the hands of the Obama-ites and their minions, the press. They're twisting Santorum's words and trying to demonize him like they did Michelle Bachman. Next will come his face on the cover of Time or Newsweek, wearing his little vest with a demonic look on his face.

We need to hit them on bread and butter issues---and survival ones. That 80% proposed drop in our nuclear arsenal could start the discussion, then morph into oil prices and the phony job statistics. They should shout from the rooftops "Can we afford another 4 years?"

The search for the birth certificate and the discussions of who is a Christian need to stop. It's divisive and being used against us.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW