Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Carney: Obama Didn't Turn Down The Keystone Pipeline 
    White House press secretary Jay Carney first says Republicans "forced" President Obama to deny the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. Later in his press briefing, Carney says Obama didn't turn down the pipeline.

"In terms of Keystone, as you all know, the history here is pretty clear. And the fact is because Republicans decided to play political with Keystone, their action essentially forced the administration to deny the permit process because they insisted on a time frame in which it was impossible to completely approve the pipeline," Carney said when asked about the pipeline by ABC News' Jake Tapper.

Later in the briefing, Carney says it is the Republicans' fault.

Jake Tapper: "How can you say that you have an all the above on approach if the President turned down the Keystone pipeline? And you blame the Republicans for making it political."

Carney: "But the President didn't turn down the Keystone pipeline. There was a process in place, with long precedent, run out of the State Department because of the issue of the pipeline crossing an international boundary, that required an amount of time for proper for review after an alternate route was deemed necessary through Nebraska at the request of the Republican Governor of Nebraska and other stakeholders in Nebraska and the region that needed to play out, to be done appropriately. You can't review and approve a pipeline, the route for which doesn't even exist.

"The Republicans were the ones who unfortunately decided because they were looking for scalps, I guess, or wins in a situation where they somehow found themselves on the wrong side of cutting taxes for 160 million Americans last December. They decided to play politics with this decision and attack the payroll tax cut extension. Even though it was made clear by the State Department that doing so would make it impossible for them to conduct the review responsibly, they did it anyway knowing what the result would be."
    Video at link>http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._pipeline.html
    Lyin' mutha ................
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Lyin' mutha ................
    Has the route been finalized?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    If you have a point to make make it, I'm not playing your fucking games.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If you have a point to make make it, I'm not playing your fucking games.
    You already did.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Is the the meme on the left now? That the route wasn't finalized, and therefore the pipeline couldn't be approved?

If that's the best that you've got, then you're flailing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

It's all part of the plan to claim the Republicans are actually in charge and are to blame.

Today, a new corporate tax was introduced. Same ol' story. Obama claims that he wants to reduce taxes on corporations in order to "make things fair". Republicans will not vote on it. Obama will blame the Republicans for blocking something he needs in order to "restore the American economy."

The key?...The bill doesn't reduce taxes at all. It reduces taxes and then reduces deductions resulting in the same tax bill as before.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,4725599.story

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You already did.
    True, more time than he was worth.:biggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Is the the meme on the left now? That the route wasn't finalized, and therefore the pipeline couldn't be approved?

If that's the best that you've got, then you're flailing.
    Everything he argues is shot down, all he does is flail through every subject, all the while claiming some sort of superiority over the rest of us. I am tired of him!

I guess not.

I guess not.
    You guess? You don't know for sure? What's wrong, weren't the DNC talking points posted?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!