Thread: Carney: Obama Didn't Turn Down The Keystone Pipeline

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Not sure how they can finalize the route unless TransCanada has already purchased the land to run the pipeline.
    Unless they are planning to get the state and federal governments to use eminent domain to get the land for them even though TransCanada is a private company.
    Well, it worked with Kelo and I know how happy Conservatives were about that.
    I agree. That aspect of this thing makes it less cut and dry to me as a Constitutionalist conservative. At the same time, Carney is lying through his teeth about this and his body language shows it.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I agree. That aspect of this thing makes it less cut and dry to me as a Constitutionalist conservative. At the same time, Carney is lying through his teeth about this and his body language shows it.
    I have no doubt that Carney is playing the pants on fire game. At the same time I have no doubt that TransCanada will use every means to twist governmental arms to get the land they want whether or not the owners want to sell it to them.

    This particular statement from their "Landowner Relations" page...

    All landowners will receive fair and equitable compensation for the land easements granted and TransCanada will work closely with them to identify special circumstances, land restrictions, access routes and other construction requirements to minimize disturbance to the land, the landowner and the environment
    tells me that if they want your land they will get it one way or another and are not above using any means necessary to get it, even if it is unconstitutional.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    I have no doubt that Carney is playing the pants on fire game. At the same time I have no doubt that TransCanada will use every means to twist governmental arms to get the land they want whether or not the owners want to sell it to them.

    This particular statement from their "Landowner Relations" page...



    tells me that if they want your land they will get it one way or another and are not above using any means necessary to get it, even if it is unconstitutional.
    Yes. Therein lies the rub. This is not a black and white situation.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Only a lying, smarmy shitbird like Carney can say that without laughing.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Not sure how they can finalize the route unless TransCanada has already purchased the land to run the pipeline.
    Unless they are planning to get the state and federal governments to use eminent domain to get the land for them even though TransCanada is a private company.
    Well, it worked with Kelo and I know how happy Conservatives were about that.
    They don't buy the land, they purchase easements. The owners retain the land.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 02-22-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Fixed. :D


    They don't buy the land, they purchase easements. The owners retain the land.
    From what I have read (FWIW) they have also taken legal action to have the land of resistant owners "condemned". Given the state-run media we now have in the US, I don't know what to believe anymore.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Fixed. :D


    They don't buy the land, they purchase easements. The owners retain the land.
    I have a gas pipeline running through my property, you don't build on top of it, other than that you forget it's there.
    You have to allow easement for electric, water, gas, whatever. sure there are draw backs but the alternative is using a kerosine lamp, riding a horse and washing your clothes by a creek.
    Fucking Luddites!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Member wwworkingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Way down South
    Posts
    94
    Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations
    .....
    According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.
    .....

    http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/02/22...-gas-stations/
    We've been dealing with this government obstruction for years. I remember Bubba Clinton said that it takes 10 years to get production going..... blah blah blah blah...... how many years has it been since then?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have a gas pipeline running through my property, you don't build on top of it, other than that you forget it's there.
    You have to allow easement for electric, water, gas, whatever. sure there are draw backs but the alternative is using a kerosine lamp, riding a horse and washing your clothes by a creek.
    Fucking Luddites!
    Except that the ones you mentioned, also known as utilities, are government controlled monopolies and are subject to state and / or local commissions that regulate the price of the utilities commodity. Is TransCanada allowing the states its pipelines run through set the price of the oil that flows through it?

    And somehow if this...

    were running through my back yard, I don't think I could forget its there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    3,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Except that the ones you mentioned, also known as utilities, are government controlled monopolies and are subject to state and / or local commissions that regulate the price of the utilities commodity. Is TransCanada allowing the states its pipelines run through set the price of the oil that flows through it?

    And somehow if this...

    were running through my back yard, I don't think I could forget its there.
    That won't be running through Neb either.

    Sorta like these for natural gas - you have to know they are there to know where they are.
    Last edited by Retread; 02-23-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Except that the ones you mentioned, also known as utilities, are government controlled monopolies and are subject to state and / or local commissions that regulate the price of the utilities commodity. Is TransCanada allowing the states its pipelines run through set the price of the oil that flows through it?

    And somehow if this...

    were running through my back yard, I don't think I could forget its there.
    The gas line through my property is not end user it transports raw gas to be processed.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •