1. #1 Michelle Obama Follows Center for American Progress' Guidelines on Food 
    M Catharine Evans

Michelle Obama's campaign to transform school food guidelines is not your typical first lady literacy or "just say no to drugs" project. No, hers is an all-out insidious plan to use food, a basic biological need and foundation of the mother-child relationship, to nudge parents out of the way at the ground level.

The first lady's deceptive initiative has closely followed the Center for American Progress' policies set out in their 2008 report Change for America: A Progressive Blueprint for the 44th President.

Led by John Podesta and funded by George Soros, CAP began working on the plan for President Obama's administration in mid-2007. The blueprint compiled a "charisma of ideas" that would carry the President to "2016."

Included in the blueprint are authors' entries which offer specific recommendations to government agencies from Homeland Security to Health and Human Services to the Environmental Protection Agency.

The Department of Agriculture chapter entitled "Tackling Food and Energy Crises Amid Global Warming" prefigures Michelle Obama's pet project, Let's Move launched in February, 2010.

Former Clinton USDA undersecretary James Lyons begins his essay with the stark realization that the USDA's "programs and policies affect nearly every American." The agency oversees food safety, nutritional guidance, international food assistance, agricultural trade, farms, food stamps and federal school lunch and breakfast programs.

Mr. Lyons states revised nutritional standards must be incorporated into legislation directly related to school food programs. Two years later in her national anti-obesity initiative, Mrs. Obama as well as White House policy experts use the same rhetoric as Lyons.

From the blueprint:

Obesity has become an epidemic in the United States. The percentage of Americans who are overweight - 60 percent according to the Centers for Disease Control - exceeds that of most developed nations. Obesity in children and young Americans is linked to an increase in the rate of Type II diabetes, and Type II diabetes can result in health problems and rising health care costs when left untreated.

From Let's Move, February 2010:

Over the past three decades, childhood obesity rates in America have tripled, and today, nearly one in three children in America are overweight or obese. A recent study put the health care costs of obesity-related diseases at $147 billion per year. This epidemic also impacts the nation's security, as obesity is now one of the most common disqualifiers for military service.

"The physical and emotional health of an entire generation and the economic health and security of our nation is at stake," said Mrs. Obama

The First Lady then talked about the comprehensive collaborative strategy needed to combat childhood obesity.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz1n7zT13yg
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    so much for Wennie boys' assumption that it's similar to the "just say no" program
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

It is charming the way this regime can say that people are both starving and obese without anyone questioning that insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    It is charming the way this regime can say that people are both starving and obese without anyone questioning that insanity.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Is it true that Soylent Green tastes like chicken? I heard it smells like cabbage.
    Anyone???
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    You are right that one can't be starving and obese. One can be malnourished and obese. Lots of kids are both of those things.

I still think the main reason so many kids are fat is because they do not get enough exercise. They probably don't really drink enough water to keep their systems flushed out, either. If they got more exercise, they'd be thirsty for more water.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You are right that one can't be starving and obese. One can be malnourished and obese. Lots of kids are both of those things.

I still think the main reason so many kids are fat is because they do not get enough exercise. They probably don't really drink enough water to keep their systems flushed out, either. If they got more exercise, they'd be thirsty for more water.
    What we need is to take the ability (right) to choose from these people. Why they must be saved from themselves you know? Does healthy, nutritional food cost more than fatty, McFat burgers?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

What we need is to take the ability (right) to choose from these people. Why they must be saved from themselves you know? Does healthy, nutritional food cost more than fatty, McFat burgers?
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand