1. #1 Cindy ditch witch sheehan in trouble with IRS 
    hack89

View profile

Feds sue anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan over back taxes
    SACRAMENTO, CA (KXTV) - The federal government has filed a lawsuit to force anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan to provide her financial records to the Internal Revenue Service.

An IRS revenue officer said Sheehan refused to answer any questions about her finances after receiving a summons at her Vacaville home.

Sheehan said she's always been up front with the IRS and has no intention of paying her taxes. She says the government has already taken enough from her.

"If they (federal government), can give me my son back, I'll pay my taxes, but that's not going to happen," Sheehan said.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/ar...-war-activist-

Not the smartest fight to pick.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/101458268

I am waiting for the DUmmies to start a fundraiser...:biggrin:

Mr_Jefferson_24
    67. Why not countersue with a wrongful death civil action against the government...

View profile
    ... alleging their willful prosecution of an illegal war based on known and provable deceptions led to the death of her son.

I don't like jury duty as a rule, but that's one I'd be happy to serve on
    Now that is something i would love to see happen....
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

These people are idiots. But this is funny:

uppityperson
    5. Here's an interesting thought. If your kid gets killed in the military, excuse family from paying

taxes for that yr, including not only the dead military person's family, but his/her parents. I wouldn't cause a lot of problems in the gvt and might be a decent thing to do.

I know, the "kid" is an adult so why should his/her parents get a tax break, but just thinking it would be decent.
    Reply to this post
    Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
    Response to uppityperson (Reply #5)Wed Feb 22, 2012, 03:59 PM

frazzled
    22. Sounds sort of like a payoff to me

Or a bribe. I think it sounds kind of cheap and disgusting, as if escaping paying your taxes for a year is compensation for the death of a child. As if that would even the balance sheet. Money, money, money: I thought only Republicans think about it all the time.

Sorry, but in a country with a volunteer army, that is not how things work. Death benefits, yes; parents escaping their taxes, no. We're Democrats: we all pay taxes because we believe in contributing to the common good (and to fixing those things we disagree are contributing to the common good through the democratic system).

Did Cindy Sheehan ever think that by withholding her taxes she harms somebody else's child? I bet she didn't.
    Unless, of course, you are Charlie Rangel, Timmy Geithner or any of the other prominent Democratic tax cheats currently in the government.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Did Cindy Sheehan ever think ...
    No. No she never thought of anything... past herself. Her son was an adult. He volunteered to serve his country in a military capacity, and unfortunately, was killed in the line of duty. How long did it take for a headstone to be placed at his grave? While she trotted around telling anyone who would listen, how EVIL America is...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    SheHag is scum and even the DUmmies know it.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    No. No she never thought of anything... past herself. Her son was an adult. He volunteered to serve his country in a military capacity, and unfortunately, was killed in the line of duty. How long did it take for a headstone to be placed at his grave? While she trotted around telling anyone who would listen, how EVIL America is...
    No argument, she's clueless, but I love how the DUmmies think that Democrats pay taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    SheHag is scum and even the DUmmies know it.
    Yeah, but they think it for the wrong reasons.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

She's crazy and needs some serious therapy. DU pisses me off about this more than anything else, because they have enabled her illness instead of helping her grieve for the loss of her son without becoming a media whore spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She's crazy and needs some serious therapy. DU pisses me off about this more than anything else, because they have enabled her illness instead of helping her grieve for the loss of her son without becoming a media whore spectacle.
    They have no interest in her except as a media spectacle. Private grief doesn't advance their agenda.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They have no interest in her except as a media spectacle. Private grief doesn't advance their agenda.
    That is the main reason I don't post over there anymore. That, and the hive mind that expects everyone to agree about every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She's crazy and needs some serious therapy. DU pisses me off about this more than anything else, because they have enabled her illness
    They've been doing the same thing with their own members for years ( i.e. UGP).
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.