Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do any of these moonbats read history?

Safety zones are simply no-fire zones. We started that crap in Vietnam. Today, or for a couple of days, such and such an area was free fire, but over there was no fire. It didn't take an hour for the VC/NVA to figure out which was which.

I won't even get into the other thing that bothered me then and still troubles me, sweeping an area and driving out the enemy then pulling back to a base and giving the ground back to him.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That's a great insight.

Exactly. If, when the moonbats demanded that we save Darfur (which, BTW, went unsaved, but you no longer hear anything about it), I asked one of them how they expected us to do it, and gradually led her to the obvious conclusion, that it would require US troops on the ground. When she conceded that point, I then asked her to explain what would keep her pals from protesting our involvement, and how long it would take for the "Save Darfur" bumper stickers to be replaced with "US out of Darfur" bumper stickers. She didn't have an answer.
    That's the whole thing in a nutshell.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Most everyone around here agrees that it should be "hands off". I agree.

Syria is a friend of Russia, and provides the Russians with a base in the Mediterranean. Let Russia get all involved with the civil war. Win or lose, Russia loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    That's the whole thing in a nutshell.
    Agreed. Ody's good. I taught him everything I know; that's why I have nothing left.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We should take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    I can't make that decision. I'm just a grunt. No offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Most everyone around here agrees that it should be "hands off". I agree.

Syria is a friend of Russia, and provides the Russians with a base in the Mediterranean. Let Russia get all involved with the civil war. Win or lose, Russia loses.
    Syria isn't a Russian ally, it's an Iranian ally. Sanctions and instability in the Middle East drive up the price of oil, and Russia's main export is oil. Instability in the Middle East also makes Europe more dependent on Russian energy sources, which enhances its standing and power there. It also screws with the US, and Putin has never forgiven us for beating Russia in the Cold War.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Agreed. Ody's good. I taught him everything I know; that's why I have nothing left.
    You know what they say: Monkey see, monkey do.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!