1. #1 I have a question about Military Citations 
    My Dad passed away last April. He was a WWII hero. I got a Memorial Citation in the mail signed by BO. The signature vaguely offends me. I put it in a drawer. I can't stand to look at it. If we get a new president, can I return this citation and get a new one signed by a new president?

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    My Dad passed away last April. He was a WWII hero. I got a Memorial Citation in the mail signed by BO. The signature vaguely offends me. I put it in a drawer. I can't stand to look at it. If we get a new president, can I return this citation and get a new one signed by a new president?
    Keep in mind that the signature is done with an autopen, and wasn't personally signed by the POTUS. Your father's passing was noted by the VA and they put the certificate through the system automatically, and the signature is just part of the process. What matters is that the federal government recognized your dad's service, not whose signature appears on the document. Don't let your gut reaction to Obama sour you on the government's recognition of your dad's service.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Keep in mind that the signature is done with an autopen, and wasn't personally signed by the POTUS. Your father's passing was noted by the VA and they put the certificate through the system automatically, and the signature is just part of the process. What matters is that the federal government recognized your dad's service, not whose signature appears on the document. Don't let your gut reaction to Obama sour you on the government's recognition of your dad's service.
    I assumed all along that obama wouldn't be bothered with such trivia. What bothers me is that Dad was one of the forces that landed at Normandie on D-Day. Before he died, he said that if he had known what was going to happen to the country since then, he wouldn't have done it. He'd not have joined, or gone AWOL before he became a part of "this".

The question is, if we change presidents can I get a Citation not signed (even with an autopen) by such an evil creature?

I assumed all along that obama wouldn't be bothered with such trivia. What bothers me is that Dad was one of the forces that landed at Normandie on D-Day. Before he died, he said that if he had known what was going to happen to the country since then, he wouldn't have done it. He'd not have joined, or gone AWOL before he became a part of "this".

The question is, if we change presidents can I get a Citation not signed (even with an autopen) by such an evil creature?
    I sympathize, believe me. The promotion order for army officers begins with the words, "THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, HAS PLACED SPECIAL TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN THE PATRIOTISM, INTEGRITY, AND ABILITIES OF (PREVIOUS GRADE AND NAME)." We all know that having the trust and confidence of this president is tantamount to being called a worthless dirtbag, but you just have to take the good with the bad.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I sympathize, believe me. The promotion order for army officers begins with the words, "THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, HAS PLACED SPECIAL TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN THE PATRIOTISM, INTEGRITY, AND ABILITIES OF (PREVIOUS GRADE AND NAME)." We all know that having the trust and confidence of this president is tantamount to being called a worthless dirtbag, but you just have to take the good with the bad.
    Funny obama places all that stuff on you while he has none of those qualities himself.

Power CUer
    I assumed all along that obama wouldn't be bothered with such trivia. What bothers me is that Dad was one of the forces that landed at Normandie on D-Day. Before he died, he said that if he had known what was going to happen to the country since then, he wouldn't have done it.
    My father seldom speaks of his service, from 1942-1945, but there is every reason to be proud of it, and he has always loved his country, and not loved it conditionally as you are describing. Did your father really land on a transatlantic ocean liner? Or are you referring to Normandy, in France?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken