Thread: Forums on the phone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Forums on the phone 
    For our anniversary, my wife got us new phones. Mine is a HTC Evo 4g, and I am blown away by this thing. However, browsing CU and other forums is a royal pain in the butt, pinching and sliding around. Anyone know of any good Android apps that help these issues, a browser that works better for forums, or some tricks and tips to make the experience easier?
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    For our anniversary, my wife got us new phones. Mine is a HTC Evo 4g, and I am blown away by this thing. However, browsing CU and other forums is a royal pain in the butt, pinching and sliding around. Anyone know of any good Android apps that help these issues, a browser that works better for forums, or some tricks and tips to make the experience easier?
    I'll talk with SR and get back with you, there's is an android app that our software is now compatible with that makes it easier.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 02-24-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The big Cheese
    i have had the 4g for 2 years now. love it.

tip, get the app "battery defender".....you will thank me
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    i have had the 4g for 2 years now. love it.

tip, get the app "battery defender".....you will thank me
    I'm doing pretty good on battery, turned down the screen brightness, turned off the GPS, don't actually have 4G service out here to run the 4G antennae, and don't do too much heavy duty computing activities (right now), but I'll definitely look at that for some more help.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

It is called the tapa talk app but we have to have SR activate it first on his end.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The big Cheese
    I'm doing pretty good on battery, turned down the screen brightness, turned off the GPS, don't actually have 4G service out here to run the 4G antennae, and don't do too much heavy duty computing activities (right now), but I'll definitely look at that for some more help.
    battery defender shuts all services except text and calls when ever the screen is locked. your phone will not lose any power in this mode.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    problem with droid, is that none of the browsers really work well on it. they all have problems and bug out
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    problem with droid, is that none of the browsers really work well on it. they all have problems and bug out
    That is where the Tapatalk is supposed to come in.

Okay this works much better than a phone browser.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk

You go to the market app on your phone search for Tapatalk, it costs three bucks but that ain't bad. There are hundreds of other forums.