1. #1 If Obama gets 4 more years 
    I figure some of ya here would enjoy this.
    http://unioncreekjournal.wordpress.c...logical-order/

It is about a family trying to survive when Obama runs the counrty into the ground. I usually do not read books, but this story about surviving in a doomed sociaty kept me interested. New blogs are posted each week. Read the first 2 pages and you will be hooked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDER View Post
    Read the first 2 pages and you will be hooked!!!
    I'm "hooked" you bum.

Am up to chapter on "Looters" already. All in one sitting.

Is very well written and quite riveting. Just taking a break ... break over.

Must get back to it!

~ ABC

Fabulous Poster
    The Handmaid's Tale is a dystopian novel, a work of science fiction or speculative fiction,[1] written by Canadian author Margaret Atwood[2][3] and first published by McClelland and Stewart in 1985. Set in the near future, in a totalitarian theocracy which has overthrown the United States government, The Handmaid's Tale explores themes of women in subjugation and the various means by which they gain agency. The novel's title was inspired by Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales, which is a series of connected stories ("The Merchant's Tale", "The Parson's Tale", etc.).[4]

The Handmaid's Tale won the 1985 Governor General's Award and the first Arthur C. Clarke Award in 1987, and it was nominated for the 1986 Nebula Award, the 1986 Booker Prize, and the 1987 Prometheus Award. It has been adapted for the cinema, radio, opera, and stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The Handmaid's Tale is a dystopian novel, a work of science fiction or speculative fiction,[1] written by Canadian author Margaret Atwood[2][3] and first published by McClelland and Stewart in 1985. Set in the near future, in a totalitarian theocracy which has overthrown the United States government, The Handmaid's Tale explores themes of women in subjugation and the various means by which they gain agency. The novel's title was inspired by Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales, which is a series of connected stories ("The Merchant's Tale", "The Parson's Tale", etc.).[4]

The Handmaid's Tale won the 1985 Governor General's Award and the first Arthur C. Clarke Award in 1987, and it was nominated for the 1986 Nebula Award, the 1986 Booker Prize, and the 1987 Prometheus Award. It has been adapted for the cinema, radio, opera, and stage.
    And here we are.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Sadly, the state of affairs these days often makes me think of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCTF...eature=related

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 02-27-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Where are the clowns?

"Don't bother, they're here."

This song was not supposed to be about the state the US is falling into these days ... I know that ... but it seems to be so fitting, damn it all!

~ ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Where are the clowns?

"Don't bother, they're here."

This song was not supposed to be about the state the US is falling into these days ... I know that ... but it seems to be so fitting, damn it all!

~ ABC
    Clowns is an appropriate yet old name for them. We now call them DimocRATS.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand