Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Karl Rove slams McCain's ads 
    Eyelids
    "McCain has gone in his ads one step too far, and sort of attributing to Obama things that are, you know, beyond the 100-percent-truth test," said Rove. "Both campaigns ought to be careful about... there ought to be an adult who says: 'Do we really need to go that far in this ad? Don't we make our point and get broader acceptance and deny the opposition an opportunity to attack us if we don't include that one little last tweak in the ad?'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7797313

Haha, the spin from you guys should be good here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    "McCain has gone in his ads one step too far, and sort of attributing to Obama things that are, you know, beyond the 100-percent-truth test," said Rove. "Both campaigns ought to be careful about... there ought to be an adult who says: 'Do we really need to go that far in this ad? Don't we make our point and get broader acceptance and deny the opposition an opportunity to attack us if we don't include that one little last tweak in the ad?'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7797313

Haha, the spin from you guys should be good here.
    I'll wait until after you, or any DIMwit liberal admonishes your own side for the same, indeed worse attacks. Until then you have no high ground.

One could make a point that Republicans are taking the high ground by questioning the use of attack ads OF THEIR OWN PARTY.

For you to sit back and attempt to make a political point is what is laughable.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Eyelids
    Karl Rove says McCain has gone too far. This isn't like some nobody spouting off, this is the guy who got George Bush elected twice (albeit against total losers) and he says you're doing something wrong. Maybe you should listen.

<snip> "Both campaigns ought to be careful about... there ought to be an adult who says: 'Do we really need to go that far in this ad? Don't we make our point and get broader acceptance and deny the opposition an opportunity to attack us if we don't include that one little last tweak in the ad?'"
    I don't see those quotes in the link you provided. I can't comment on something that the man may not have said.

FWIW, what Rove was complaining about was that McCain JOINED Obama in shading the truth in their campaign advertising. So it was Obama that lied first. Here is the quote, from your article:
    Meanwhile, former Bush political adviser Karl Rove became an unlikely critic of McCain, complaining that he had joined Obama in shading the truth in their campaign advertising.

Eyelids
    You still have probably the best and brightest mind from the Right saying McCain is doing something stupid.

Karl Rove says McCain has gone too far. This isn't like some nobody spouting off, this is the guy who got George Bush elected twice (albeit against total losers) and he says you're doing something wrong. Maybe you should listen.
    Perhaps you should re-read my response. I NEVER suggested Rove's opinion was wrong. I guess reading comprehension is optional for college students these days.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Perhaps you should re-read my response. I NEVER suggested Rove's opinion was wrong. I guess reading comprehension is optional for college students these days.
    I stopped reading when I got to DIMwit Liberal, I just kind of guessed the rest.

I stopped reading when I got to DIMwit Liberal, I just kind of guessed the rest.
    Truth hurts huh?

Maybe I used words too big?
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Eyelids
    Truth hurts huh?

Maybe I used words too big?
    I've gotten pretty good at detecting when you guys just go into liberal bashing mode.

I'll wait until after you, or any DIMwit liberal admonishes your own side for the same, indeed worse attacks. Until then you have no high ground.

One could make a point that Republicans are taking the high ground by questioning the use of attack ads OF THEIR OWN PARTY.

For you to sit back and attempt to make a political point is what is laughable.
    That is one thing I have never seen a leftist liberal do. The truth can be right in their face and they will still deny it.