1. #1 The first thing we're going to do is to make sure the server is taken care of. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This whole stupid thingy was a hoax the DUmmies bought hook,line,sinker...

Mon Feb 27, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Robb

"The first thing we're going to do is to make sure the server is taken care of."

Since everyone and their dog has a DU OP about the "1% tipper," I thought this update was worth pointing out, from the restaurant chain's VP of operations:

In a conversation with the Huffington Post, Mike Wilcox, the vice president of operations for True Food Kitchen, gave some insight into how the company was treating the incident since the receipt began receiving attention online. Wilcox said that the restaurant was "absolutely" treating the receipt as real, but to confirm its authenticity for certain, they were in the process of tracking down both the physical receipt at the restaurant and the computer-generated copy in their credit card system.

"The first thing we're going to do is to make sure the server is taken care of," Wilcox said, "and make sure the server wasn't treated badly or insufficiently tipped." He explained that they would be asking Breanna, the server named on the receipt, if she recalled the table and how her service was. "If her service was up to the level" they assume their employees would deliver, Wilcox said, "they would do everything they can to make it up to her somehow." Referring to online comments posted about the receipt, Wilcox remarked, "people are asking us to ban the person from the restaurant -- if more information came through on who the person is I first would love to talk to him."

HOAX

Looks like Robb went to the Nadin school of "Fact Checking"
    May the FORCE be with you!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I don't buy the comment by the restaurant:

Our first concern upon learning about this situation was our staff. We are very fortunate to have employees that are talented, bright, and undoubtedly, some of the best in the business.

However, we would like to report that there is misinformation circulating about this situation. The dining receipt that was originally posted on the blog, Future Ex Banker, and then republished by various websites, was, in fact, altered and exaggerated. Wed also like to assure people that the receipt was not posted and altered by anyone on behalf of True Food Kitchen.
    I call bullshit, there is no way that picture wasn't taken by staff at True Food Kitchen and sent on to the original blogger.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

and make sure the server wasn't treated badly or insufficiently tipped.
    When exactly did tipping become a right?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The whole point of all the threads on this "incident" was how quick these supposed brain surgeons were to believe this story. I saw the pic of the receipt and it was an obvious PhotoShop, but because it was from an ebil 1%er, they ate the story up.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The whole point of all the threads on this "incident" was how quick these supposed brain surgeons were to believe this story. I saw the pic of the receipt and it was an obvious PhotoShop, but because it was from an ebil 1%er, they ate the story up.
    Billions for propganda, not one cent for intelligence
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.