1. #1 Somewhere On A Beach In Cape May New Jersey 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

They have a similar ceremony at Friday Harbor, WA each day. That's because until Alaska and Hawaii came along Friday Harbor is just about as far West as the territorial US went, and somehow the tradition got started.

It's very cool. An assembly of local citizens gather and march to the flag, and lower it at sunset. Every day.

I wasn't aware of private individuals doing such a thing until one of my brothers died. My father did it for both my older brothers when they left for the military, I was too young to remember the one brother and had already left home when he did it for the other. I found out he also did it the day I left to go in the Army at my brothers funeral. Coincidentally that was the brother that my sister thought I was more deserving to receive the flag at my fathers funeral because my brother wasn't dads biological son. I came unglued because dad raised that Son from the age of 6 or there abouts. my brother received dads flag. I also found out that my dad already had the frame to put the flag in for each of his sons,complete with a a plaque with the name of the son years of birth,yr of death to be added later in 2 of our cases and yrs of service and branch.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.