1. #1 Blurred Line Between Espionage and Truth 

Blurred Line Between Espionage and Truth

Last Wednesday in the White House briefing room, the administration’s press secretary, Jay Carney, opened on a somber note, citing the deaths of Marie Colvin and Anthony Shadid, two reporters who had died “in order to bring truth” while reporting in Syria.

Jake Tapper, the White House correspondent for ABC News, pointed out that the administration had lauded brave reporting in distant lands more than once and then asked, “How does that square with the fact that this administration has been so aggressively trying to stop aggressive journalism in the United States by using the Espionage Act to take whistle-blowers to court?”

He then suggested that the administration seemed to believe that “the truth should come out abroad; it shouldn’t come out here.” >>>

The Espionage Act, enacted back in 1917 to punish those who gave aid to our enemies, was used three times in all the prior administrations to bring cases against government officials accused of providing classified information to the media. It has been used six times since the current president took office. >>>

In one of the more remarkable examples of the administration’s aggressive approach, Thomas A. Drake, a former employee of the National Security Agency, was prosecuted under the Espionage Act last year and faced a possible 35 years in prison.

His crime? When his agency was about to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a software program bought from the private sector intended to monitor digital data, he spoke with a reporter at The Baltimore Sun. He suggested an internally developed program that cost significantly less would be more effective and not violate privacy in the way the product from the vendor would. (He turned out to be right, by the way.)

He was charged with 10 felony counts that accused him of lying to investigators and obstructing justice. Last summer, the case against him collapsed, and he pleaded guilty to a single misdemeanor, of misuse of a government computer.

Jesselyn Radack, the director for national security and human rights at the Government Accountability Project, was one of the lawyers who represented him.

“The Obama administration has been quite hypocritical about its promises of openness, transparency and accountability,” she said. “All presidents hate leaks, but pursuing whistle-blowers as spies is heavy-handed and beyond the scope of the law.”

More reasons to re-elect the affirmative action muslim ...

Shhhh .... 0bama might hear you ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Revealed: US plans to charge Assange

UNITED STATES prosecutors have drawn up secret charges against the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, according to a confidential email obtained from the private US intelligence company Stratfor.

In an internal email to Stratfor analysts on January 26 last year, the vice-president of intelligence, Fred Burton, responded to a media report concerning US investigations targeting WikiLeaks with the comment: ''We have a sealed indictment on Assange.''

-----------------------------------

Can you say "this is more stupid than the prosecution of Daniel Ellsberg"?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    why the fuck haven't they gone after the jackass that did the actual leaking? little bastard was nominated for the Noble "Peace" prize http://news.investors.com/article/60...eace-prize.htm
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    why the fuck haven't they gone after the jackass that did the actual leaking? little bastard was nominated for the Noble "Peace" prize http://news.investors.com/article/60...eace-prize.htm
    The Nobel Peace Prize isn't that prestigious anymore (in my opinion) since they've already awarded it to Obama so soon after he took office. He hadn't had a chance yet to mess up, which he has absolutely done by this time.

That prize is a joke.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The Nobel Peace Prize isn't that prestigious anymore (in my opinion) since they've already awarded it to Obama so soon after he took office. He hadn't had a chance yet to mess up, which he has absolutely done by this time.

That prize is a joke.
    It's been a joke for a long time - look at owl boring getting his for lying.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post

Isn't he being court-martialed? I agree-the person who gave Assange the info is the one who should be prosecuted, not Assange for publishing it. Bradley Manning broke the law, not Assange.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Isn't he being court-martialed? I agree-the person who gave Assange the info is the one who should be prosecuted, not Assange for publishing it. Bradley Manning broke the law, not Assange.
    That's correct. And the little faggot (Manning) now has another name to go by. It appears he'd much rather be a woman.

I hope that Bubba has a LOT of fun with him in Leavenworth.
    U.S. Army, Retired