Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    fett, please...don't ruin a good weewee defense of lunatic muslims, while we watch him circle the drain, with a dose of common sense. You'll frighten him off.
    pft...it'll just make him come back for more
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Why did the judge not admonish the other guy for dressing like the Pope? Oh, because it's perfectly fine to offend Christians and Catholics.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Why did the judge not admonish the other guy for dressing like the Pope? Oh, because it's perfectly fine to offend Christians and Catholics.
    This could take a while because all the Catholics are at the bar deciding what to do about Zombie Pope's punishment.
    Be Not Afraid.

This could take a while because all the Catholics are at the bar deciding what to do about Zombie Pope's punishment.
    Here is another version of events, JB.

Just for the halibut.

I'm not sure if the judge is enacting Sharia law or just political correctness gone awry.
    Either way, I would bet he gets overruled on appeal.

The only part of this case in which the perp's religious motivation for attacking the guy dressed as zombie Muhammed is in the sentencing phase, not the trial phase. It's a possibly mitigating (or aggravating) factor for the jury or jurist to consider. It has nothing to do with establishing guilt or innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That's a good contribution Dolby.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Here is another version of events, JB.
    Here's the thing AD:

If I have to listen to chants of "From Portland to Greece, fuck the police" or watch some other nitwit light up a flag and then I end up in court (as the victim) for wearing a Zombie Mo costume... I don't want some dink judge dressing me down as to whether or not I made the right decision that morning on what is CLEARLY protected speech. And for the record your honor, I was the freaking victim.

There's a lot more to this case that is coming out as to what happened, what didn't happen but I'll just chalk it up to who the hell knows at this point in time. And then hope this is an isolated incident. From our judiciary, that is. I expect we'll see violent Muslim outrage should Mo appear in a chicken nugget. I'm eating mine. No way am I putting it up on ebay.
    Be Not Afraid.

Cathy Young is usually pretty level-headed and reliable, so it looks like I was had.

I guess that belligerent atheists aren't above a little taqqiya either.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I expect we'll see violent Muslim outrage should Mo appear in a chicken nugget. I'm eating mine. No way am I putting it up on ebay.
    That'd be one sure way to get me off of chicken nuggets.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's unfortunate that Perce is just as nuts as his attacker, because if he had not tried to implicate the judge, he would have had a great argument about the lack of tolerance for dissent in Islam. Unfortunately, he appears to be a militant atheist whackjob, and his entire case is now suspect.

On the plus side, at least we know what Wilbur is up to.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!