Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1 Colorado welfare debit cards used at casinos, strip clubs 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,118
    By Jemey Jojola
    9News


    Debit cards issued to provide assistance to welfare recipients were used to withdraw cash at ATMs in strip clubs, casinos, bingo halls and amusement parks, a 9News investigation found.

    Read more: Colorado welfare debit cards used at casinos, strip clubs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/commented/...#ixzz1niQtB2Xz
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    By Jemey Jojola
    9News


    Debit cards issued to provide assistance to welfare recipients were used to withdraw cash at ATMs in strip clubs, casinos, bingo halls and amusement parks, a 9News investigation found.

    Read more: Colorado welfare debit cards used at casinos, strip clubs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/commented/...#ixzz1niQtB2Xz
    Well, since every pole dancer that I've ever met has claimed to be a student, this is obviously a way of subsidizing college for those poor unfortunate waifs.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,025
    What we need to do to fix this is apologize to Afghanistan some more.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    hey, even those girls need the income...it's got to come from somewhere...might as well be from the state...even if 3rd party
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    hey, even those girls need the income...it's got to come from somewhere...might as well be from the state...even if 3rd party
    Exactly. Otherwise, the government gets to use it for its own ends. Given a choice, I'd rather have my money go to boobs in clubs than boobs in the administration.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, since every pole dancer that I've ever met has claimed to be a student, this is obviously a way of subsidizing college for those poor unfortunate waifs.
    Someone should do a study on the inverse relationship of being able to slide down a pole head first and your failure in your ability to obtain scholarship money.

    Serious, all these "dancers" are in school but none of them can get grants? Sounds discriminatory.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, since every pole dancer that I've ever met has claimed to be a student, this is obviously a way of subsidizing college for those poor unfortunate waifs.
    Hey! I met her!....But that was in San Francisco in 1966. Is she still going to school??!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,060
    A show of hands from anyone who finds this surprising...
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Someone should do a study on the inverse relationship of being able to slide down a pole head first and your failure in your ability to obtain scholarship money.

    Serious, all these "dancers" are in school but none of them can get grants? Sounds discriminatory.
    there are a lot of really smart dancers...the money is just damn good for a lot of them
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,586
    I saw someone buying booze at Meijer with an EBT card. I don't get how the stores are getting away with this, not just the recipients.

    If a store can have a computer register system that makes it impossible to ring up the sale of alcohol or tobacco without entering a birthdate, then it can come up with a way to prevent selling the same products to someone using an EBT card. The only problem I can see is that whatever kind of card is being used (EBT, Debit or credit), the customer usually swipes it at the end of the transaction. EBT users could be required to swipe their cards prior to the sale.

    I think that stores that allow this should be treated like stores that sell alcohol to minors. It's not like they can't make EBT users pay for their booze in a separate, cash transaction.

    The EBT cards were issued because the food stamp program was open to too much fraud. Now, the stores are actually helping the clients commit fraud.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •