Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'm surprised that they aren't touting it. On paper, it looks like a big win, even though it isn't. Obama can claim that his foreign policy is showing results (and it is, they just aren't good ones), and cite this as an example of how he has brought an enemy back into the fold. By the time that the deal collapses, which it will, since there's not really much of a deal there, the next election will be over.

I think the MSM will not follow it because they know the Norks (great term BTW) will not in anyway shape or form honor it so the are proactively protecting the Magic Negro.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    What, we are to think that Hamas no longer wants to annihilate Israel? Hamas has come to view Israel as a country of peace loving people who are only part of God's precious flock and therefore should be treated with respect?

Nah.........

No one is going to believe it, that's why it hasn't been reported.
    I don't see it as a break with Iran, more just a play to get more power on the other side of Israel. Syria's regime is gonna get overthrown, sooner or later. They get some good will there now, it'll be easier to shove a foot in the door when that happens. They have nothing to lose by doing this. All the terrorist supporters will still back them because they're a thorn in Israel's side, and they may develop new grounds to tread apon, and further encircle their enemies with Syria becomine open territory to them.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I don't see it as a break with Iran, more just a play to get more power on the other side of Israel. Syria's regime is gonna get overthrown, sooner or later. They get some good will there now, it'll be easier to shove a foot in the door when that happens. They have nothing to lose by doing this. All the terrorist supporters will still back them because they're a thorn in Israel's side, and they may develop new grounds to tread apon, and further encircle their enemies with Syria becomine open territory to them.
    Wasn't their "marriage" to Iran mostly because of money, anyway?

Iran may be running out of largesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

It's also ideological. Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, and they are Sunni. Iran is Shia, and Assad is an Alawite, which is a Shia offshoot. Hezbollah is also Shia.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It's also ideological. Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, and they are Sunni. Iran is Shia, and Assad is an Alawite, which is a Shia offshoot. Hezbollah is also Shia.
    You know as well as I though that the folk spulling the strings and handing the money out care about that less then seeing some rockets fall in Israel.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    great...food prices are already up...now we're going to be giving some to a country that can easily take care of it's self, but they are too fucked up to do it. I imagine the only reason this is happening is that they are trying to prevent a civil war...I mean, hell the soliders are doing begger work to feed themselves
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

You know as well as I though that the folk spulling the strings and handing the money out care about that less then seeing some rockets fall in Israel.
    The Muslim Brotherhood sees the Iranian Shia as heretics, and while they will cooperate against a common enemy, they will not permit themselves to be dominated by them. The Shia corridor that goes from Iran to Lebanon, by way of Iraq and Syria, is a greater danger to the Saudis and Turks than Israel is, and they are the source of funding for the Brotherhood.
    The history of the first two great jihads shows that the internal schisms of Islam often undermined cooperation. Some Islamic authorities considered the Shia a greater abomination than Christians or Jews, and declared jihad against them. The Ottoman and Persian empires were constantly at war for that reason. There are also numerous examples of Muslim rulers siding with Christians against other Muslims. Islam is first and foremost an imperialist project, and it cannot tolerate dynastic conflicts.

The dirty little secret of the Sunni Arab states is that they actually benefit from having Israel around, and while they know this, they will never publicly admit it. Israel is the lynchpin of regional stability, which is why the Saudis would be very happy to see them take out Iran's nuclear capability. That''s not to say that the Saudis have any love for the Israelis, but there are lots of back channels that permit cooperation and intel sharing.

He does look hungry.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

Largesse? They have largesse, too??!! Is there no justice at all?!! They have all the oil, and now we are told they have largesse, TOO?! And here we sit in the USA; almost no oil, and damn little largesse.

It challenges the very notion that there is a God.