Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1 New Ad Tells 0bama Go To Hell ... 
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809


    Va. lawmaker calls for removal of 'disrespectful' Metro ad

    WMATA issued a statement saying its advertising has been ruled by the courts as protected under the First Amendment, and the Authority does not decline ads based on their political content.

    "WMATA does not endorse the advertising on our system, and ads to not reflect the position of the Authority," says the statement.

    In response to their statement, Congressman Jim Moran says, "I am disappointed by WMATA's defense of this inappropriate advertisement. >>>

    Northern Virginia Democrat Jim Moran says an ad in the Clarendon Metro station aimed at President Obama that contains the phrase "Go to hell Barack" should be taken down immediately.

    ------------------------------------------

    So where do you think Virginia Democrat Jim Moran stood when much worse was said about Bush via advertisements? Anyone care to guess??
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Meh....I think it's a little over the top.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Meh....I think it's a little over the top.
    Forcing socialized medicine on the country is far past being over the top.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Member wwworkingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Way down South
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Meh....I think it's a little over the top.
    I despise Obama as much as the best of them but do agree.... it's too raw and outwardly disrespectful in a public environment.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Forcing socialized medicine on the country is far past being over the top.
    Yeah. It is. But I didn't do that and I won't get down and wallow in it the way I think he does. So I won't give him the finger although I would like to, and I won't tell him to go to hell.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,062
    We had 8 years with Bush playing to the Democrats never wanting to offend anyone followed by 4 years of Obama running wide open with little or no restraint from Republicans.

    I really am tired of this party of sheep attitude we have developed.
    The big bad wolf is blowing our house down.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    42,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Meh....I think it's a little over the top.
    It is. He's still POTUS and we wouldn't like this if it was aimed at Bush for instance.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Forcing socialized medicine on the country is far past being over the top.
    Should emergency rooms be able to turn away people who have no insurance?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post


    Va. lawmaker calls for removal of 'disrespectful' Metro ad

    WMATA issued a statement saying its advertising has been ruled by the courts as protected under the First Amendment, and the Authority does not decline ads based on their political content.

    "WMATA does not endorse the advertising on our system, and ads to not reflect the position of the Authority," says the statement.

    In response to their statement, Congressman Jim Moran says, "I am disappointed by WMATA's defense of this inappropriate advertisement. >>>

    Northern Virginia Democrat Jim Moran says an ad in the Clarendon Metro station aimed at President Obama that contains the phrase "Go to hell Barack" should be taken down immediately.

    ------------------------------------------

    So where do you think Virginia Democrat Jim Moran stood when much worse was said about Bush via advertisements? Anyone care to guess??
    Doesn't matter, the people at the Clarendon Metro don't speak English anyway.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Doesn't matter, the people at the Clarendon Metro don't speak English anyway.
    your elitism is showing princess...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •