Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Steve Hargreaves@CNNMoneyJanuary 18, 2012: 3:50 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Obama administration rejected a bid to expand the controversial Keystone oil sands pipeline Wednesday, saying the deadline imposed by congress did not leave sufficient time to conduct the necessary review.

"The rushed and arbitrary deadline insisted on by Congressional Republicans prevented a full assessment of the pipeline's impact, especially the health and safety of the American people, as well as our environment," Obama said in a statement.

LINKY
    May the FORCE be with you!

One more nail in the coffin. So much political fodder he's handing to the GOP candidate with this call.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Um, liberal lurkers, here was a chance to get us off of Middle East oil and create thousands of well paying jobs but your leader shit on it. Please defend this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

[sarcasm]It's all the fault of the GOP for setting a deadline[/sarcash]
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    And he blames the GOP for it. LOL

President Obama defended himself in a statement saying Republican’s hurried deadline on the issue forced him to make the decision.

“The rushed and arbitrary deadline insisted on by Congressional Republicans prevented a full assessment of the pipeline’s impact, especially the health and safety of the American people, as well as our environment,” Obama wrote. “I’m disappointed that Republicans in Congress forced this decision, but it does not change my Administration’s commitment to American-made energy that creates jobs and reduces our dependence on oil.

Keep reading…
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

President Obama defended himself in a statement saying Republican’s hurried deadline on the issue forced him to make the decision.
    So instead of making a decision that would have been a boon to this country and it's struggling citizens, he chose to throw a fit and shove it up the asses of the taxpayers.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Get this, 0 has released his first campaign ad today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3GGwgV7R0

Any one notice the irony in his ad?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

It's not a dead issue, just a hastily and poorly executed attempt on forcing it without due diligence by attaching into onto the previous tax break bill.

Nebraska's Republican Governor Heineman asked that it be placed on hold due to the serious concerns about the safety of the critical Ogallala Aquifer. The states legislature voted 45 to 0, in favor of placing this on hold until confirmation is made that it will be rerouted.

There's an interesting report on the spectacle @ Cornell.edu While one could argue with some things in that report, it does point out some misinformation going on about this pipeline.

he's buying time for the enviro cu**s to reject it. showing a democrap a photo of oil barrels and pipelines is like holding up a cross to a vampire. and god forbid we have anything made in the USA

Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

I better keep my mouth shut about this or i might get a visit from the SS. :( :( :(

God I hope he gets booted out of office