link

Star Member TheWraith (22,683 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Awhile back a friend of mine spent some time with Andrew Breitbart.
She'd accidentally run into him in the area of a political event she was attending, and he was vulturing around, and she and her friends ended up sitting and talking with him for quite awhile. When relating it later, she described him as actually being very friendly and not conservative, painting a picture of a guy who whose public image was basically a schtick, a performance character designed to get himself a rabidly loyal fan base and to exploit that fan base for his own self promotion and personal profit.
In other words he was friendly and didn't pick a fight with her like she imagined he would so therefore he MUST BE a "performance character designed to get himself a rabidly loyal fan base and to exploit that fan base for his own self promotion and personal profit".
Star Member JI7 (34,903 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
2. what did they talk about? what she describes sounds more like Rush Limbaugh

but Breitbart was wayyy too emotional to have it all just be an act. i'm sure he looked for his own profit . but he actually did hate liberals also.
Star Member backscatter712 (14,620 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
10. Makes me think Breitbart is a bona-fide psychopath.

In person, psychopaths are glib and superficially friendly. They put on a great face to convince people they're great guys.

They're very, very good at putting on that mask.

They gain your trust, then they screw you without remorse.
The reality of who conservatives are doesn't match what they believe so they need to make up and justify it somehow so they can continue to believe what they want to believe.
Star Member saras (5,284 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
4. So what? Why should anyone harmed by him give a shit why he did it?

View profile
When your "schtick" involves people killing and people dying, it's WAY past "entertainment" being used as an excuse.

Frankly, it's NOT MY BUSINESS why he did it - that's his internal private consciousness. STOPPING HIM - that's my business.
Killing people? People dying? What's that all about?