Thread: Obumbler Did The 'Contraception' Thing On Purpose!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obumbler Did The 'Contraception' Thing On Purpose! 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I know I haven't said much about my disdain for Obumbler, since I have been so focused on getting a real conservative nominated to defeat him. But I really think that Obumbler created this whole contraception controversey BS on purpose, to divert attention from the fact that the economy sucks, and the Middle East is about to explode, thanks to Obumbler's apology tours and appeasement. The rest of the world must be laughing at America right now. We are no longer that 'shining city on the hill', but a laughingstock for dictatorship countries to take advantage of.

The point is, Obumbler knows he screwed up, so his strategists purposely told him to create this distraction, because he doesn't have anything else to run on.

I'm not trying to 'preach to the choir', because you all know that is NOT what I do. But I had to make this point this morning, because I don't want any of you to be deceived into thinking that this contraception thing came out of nowhere. It's purely strategic.

Power CUer
    Then why hasn't the GOP resisted rising to the bait?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Very clever of him. Perhaps you need to change your epithet from "Obumbler."

There is a school of thought that the Obama administration is using issues like this in an attempt to refocus the elections more on social issues than on economic ones because he feels he has the high ground.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There is a school of thought that the Obama administration is using issues like this in an attempt to refocus the elections more on social issues than on economic ones because he feels he has the high ground.
    There is also a school of thought (a different school, obviously) that believes the Republicans have conceded the White House and are focusing on retaining the House and taking the Senate and advancing social issues, fighting the so-called Culture War, aids them by energizing the base of the party to go to the polls.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    There is also a school of thought (a different school, obviously) that believes the Republicans have conceded the White House and are focusing on retaining the House and taking the Senate and advancing social issues, fighting the so-called Culture War, aids them by energizing the base of the party to go to the polls.
    personally feel this (minus the social issue part) is the best way to move forward, as much as I can't stand Obama, at lest we could try again in 2016 with much better candidates...
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    personally feel this (minus the social issue part) is the best way to move forward, as much as I can't stand Obama, at lest we could try again in 2016 with much better candidates...
    The cues to look for is where the money is spent. It is early but if you see Senate and House races getting cash that could have helped Romney in the general election, it will be evidence that the Legislative Branch is the goal.

Even Norquist his ownself basically called the Executive superfluous.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Why would any conservative cede the big prize at the prospect of future hopes. Play the hand you are dealt. As I posted in another thread Reagan wasn't given much hope even with the country in dis array but look what he did. a sleeper conservative is better than no conservative.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Which in an of itself may not be an unwise move in the long term.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Why would any conservative cede the big prize at the prospect of future hopes. Play the hand you are dealt. As I posted in another thread Reagan wasn't given much hope even with the country in dis array but look what he did. a sleeper conservative is better than no conservative.
    oh, I'm not saying conceed it, just that with this group of retreds and dunces (both GOP and Dem) that the Legislature is probably more important, particuarly to get enough to push past a veto, kinda a '94 type situation.

The biggest problem is leadership...or the lack there of, the GOP needs to get rid of guys like Bohner if they are going to successed.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry