Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Joes Crab Shack & the Footprint of the American Chicken 
    Saw an ad on TV last night (Food Channel - wife was watching "Chopped") for "Joes Crab Shack".

In the ad, 2 male and 1 female "Crab Shack" employees were wearing t-shirts with the 1960's vintage "peace sign" aka "the footprint of the American Chicken".

This symbol was used by stinking hippies who spit on our troops returning from Vietnam, and any restaurant who uses it in their ads does not deserve our business.

They won't be getting any of mine.

Their guest relations phone # is:

Joe's Crab Shack Corporate Office | Headquarters
    20 Meadow View Dr Hoover, AL 35242
    (205)981-2999
    Last edited by BadCat; 03-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.

rm -rf obama*

Joe's Crab Shack and Red Lobster are 2 different companies. They're competitors at that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I've never been to Joe's Crab Shack-there are a few around Detroit, one is not that far from me. My friends who have been there say it's better than Red Lobster, plus, it's more kid-friendly with those slides and all.

I've got a $75 gift card for Ocean Prime, though. Anyone been to one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Joe's Crab Shack and Red Lobster are 2 different companies. They're competitors at that.
    Apologies to Red Lobster, I thought they were the same place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dydcb_gZl2Q

rm -rf obama*

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I've never been to Joe's Crab Shack-there are a few around Detroit, one is not that far from me. My friends who have been there say it's better than Red Lobster
    God. It would HAVE to be.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    ...and any restaurant who uses it in their ads does not deserve our business.
    I don't think it's just that ad. I just visited their "Shop" section on their website. It appears to be their corporate uniform.
    Be Not Afraid.

I live in South Jersey. At the shore, seafood places are a dime a dozen. The Crab Trap in Somers Point for one. Chain restaurants suck.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I live in South Jersey. At the shore, seafood places are a dime a dozen. The Crab Trap in Somers Point for one. Chain restaurants suck.
    Chain restaurants are the reason we are having sustainability issues with certain seafoods. You're not supposed to be able to get every kind of food every day of the year in every location. It's not the way food works.

I'd also like to see a law, YES A BIG GOVERNMENT LAW, which says that restaurants have to have a list of food sources available at the entrance so the American people can make the choice whether or not to eat food imported from China.

• Check your spice bottles folks, or the ones in the store if yours are too old. Product of China

• seafood: product of China (or Thailand)

• rice - now this one really pisses me off; My old favorite brand of rice which came from USA (Puerto Rico) now says "product of USA, India, or China"

So now, like the pharmaceutical warnings which are so ubiquitous and universal as to be meaningless , the country of origin law is also being corrupted. Walmart doesn't even both with it on most of their housebrands- it simply says, "Packed for Walmart" rather than country of origin.

Wake up, these people will poison you.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Saw an ad on TV last night (Food Channel - wife was watching "Chopped") for "Joes Crab Shack".

In the ad, 2 male and 1 female "Crab Shack" employees were wearing t-shirts with the 1960's vintage "peace sign" aka "the footprint of the American Chicken".

This symbol was used by stinking hippies who spit on our troops returning from Vietnam, and any restaurant who uses it in their ads does not deserve our business.

They won't be getting any of mine.

Their guest relations phone # is:

Joe's Crab Shack Corporate Office | Headquarters
    20 Meadow View Dr Hoover, AL 35242
    (205)981-2999
    I just saw the commercial for the first time. I've never darkened the door of a Joe's Crab Shack before, so I don't know if this is some sort of "standard" that they have or not. I'm wondering a little bit if this wasn't some wardrobe setup by some pimple-faced marketing major who just thinks that the peace sign is some cool, trendy thing, like stupid teenagers who go around wearing Che T-shirts and haven't a damn clue as to what sort of monster they are honoring and worshipping.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I just saw the commercial for the first time. I've never darkened the door of a Joe's Crab Shack before, so I don't know if this is some sort of "standard" that they have or not. I'm wondering a little bit if this wasn't some wardrobe setup by some pimple-faced marketing major who just thinks that the peace sign is some cool, trendy thing, like stupid teenagers who go around wearing Che T-shirts and haven't a damn clue as to what sort of monster they are honoring and worshipping.
    Wow. Who knew the peace sign would get your panties in a knot, on a tie-dye shirt no less? Think it might be a retro thing?

Their motto is "Peace, Love, and Crabs", which isn't too far off from Soul Train's "Love , Peace, and SOUL!!"