View Poll Results: Where did Obama lose?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Europe trip

2 16.67%
  • Saddleback

0 0%
  • Selection of Biden

2 16.67%
  • Selection of Palin

7 58.33%
  • Other

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Mild and Messy Monday

Hybrid View

1. #1 Mild and Messy Monday 
    It is in the 50's. brrrrr I have a yard full of leaves and branches. It looks terrible but there's not a lot I can do about it. Maybe the next storm will blow it all away!;)

If (and I definitely say "if") Obama has lost this election, where did it happen?

The Europe trip
    Saddleback
    Selection of Biden
    Selection of Palin
    Other

poll follows

We will be in the mid 70s or low 80s all week. I'm glad because it's been chilly and I'm not ready for fall just yet. The trees are turning and it's getting dark way too soon. I expect I will have adjusted by the end of the month. I've already bought my Halloween candy. :eek:

TOTD: I don't know that he's lost but he took a blow with the selection of Palin. Sadly, elections are more and more about celebrity issues. Obama's arugula-eating ways and his daughter's private schools don't play as well against a VP who typifies a lot of American families (for good or bad). Basically, he's been tricked into running against the number 2 spot on his opponent's ticket and that's just stupid.

ginger, do you think the affirmative action amendment in Colorado will change anything on election day?
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

The sun is definitely trying to break through the clouds here at RDU, but that just makes it bright and cloudy. However, this is the first day in months that it hasn't been in the 80s or 90s. Finally got my DD-214 (government, I swear. )

If Obama loses, it will be a combination of some of the factors on the poll and off.

- Biden was a weak VP pick for the Dems.
    - Palin was a strong VP pick for the Repubs.
    - Per capita, Dems don't vote like Repubs do.
    - Obama is starting to make a few verbal missteps, and his momentum is wearing off.
    - Possible October surprise.

I still say its anyone's game, but things have looked better for Obama.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    ginger, do you think the affirmative action amendment in Colorado will change anything on election day?
    I don't know. The amendment has a surprising amount of support from people I have talked to about it. Still, the "gimme" crowd never seems to shrink and they are all in Obama's pocket at the moment.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    When he didn't pick Hillary I thought he made a mistake in trying to win the election. Not a huge one, but a mistake.

With the selection of Sara Palin, I think he was badly wounded. It ain't over. We'll see if this is just a bounce in the polls. It's a long time til November.

But when you compare Biden to Sara Palin, he looks old and tired and like business as usual and she looks like a rising star.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

He started to slip when the Wright issue came out in the MSM - and Hillary cut him deeply (thanks Hillary!!) - but it was palin who turned the tide. :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.