Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I just got an email from a Democrat friend who follows the news from a distance, and she is outraged that the Republicans would try to withhold contraceptive care from anyone.

And that's what the Dems have done. They have shifted the rhetoric and now only those who have followed closely can tell which cup hides the pea. And relatively few people follow that closely.
    yet these people are allowed to vote....

unreal
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

. She believes, because she only grasps headlines and snippets, that someone has testified that she needs birth control, and Rush called her a slut. That's it. That's what she and many, many others believe.

"Some college coed got called a slut by the Republicans because she needed birth control and couldn't afford it."
    is this for real?
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    is this for real?
    Yeah. The above mentioned friend, who has retired from The State Department as a nurse practitioner, and my own 61 year old chronically unemployed sister. They both believe that. And they are not alone.

Well, I would if I thought she was an isolated case.

Point is, I don't think she is an isolated case. She believes, because she only grasps headlines and snippets, that someone has testified that she needs birth control, and Rush called her a slut. That's it. That's what she and many, many others believe.

"Some college coed got called a slut by the Republicans because she needed birth control and couldn't afford it."
    You're so right about this. I have a relative who I rarely have conversations with anymore. She was raised Republican, but listens only to the MSM and reads only her local lib rag. It's impossible to talk with her, but she probably thinks that I'm a foaming at the mouth conservative. She says that she isn't interested in politics. I asked if she feels any sense of responsibility for her kid and her grandkids. Apparently she doesn't, prefers to keep her head in the sand and sing la la la as things go crashing down around our collective heads.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Yeah. The above mentioned friend, who has retired from The State Department as a nurse practitioner, and my own 61 year old chronically unemployed sister. They both believe that. And they are not alone.
    no offense meant starbuck, so please, don't take any.....

baaaaaahhhhhhhbaaaaaahhhhhhhh baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

i may not have the education of some here.... but damn that is stupid!
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You're so right about this. I have a relative who I rarely have conversations with anymore. She was raised Republican, but listens only to the MSM and reads only her local lib rag. It's impossible to talk with her, but she probably thinks that I'm a foaming at the mouth conservative. She says that she isn't interested in politics. I asked if she feels any sense of responsibility for her kid and her grandkids. Apparently she doesn't, prefers to keep her head in the sand and sing la la la as things go crashing down around our collective heads.
    i can now see why you guys are worried. i however, still hold out hope in the american electorate...
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

i can now see why you guys are worried. i however, still hold out hope in the american electorate...
    I don't. That same electorate gave us 8 years of Bubba and an O Blah Blah. The American electorate is as stupid and lazy as they get. The realization that after 3 years of disastrous Marxist/progressive/liberal failures, a minimum of 47% will still vote for the idiot.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I hear ya. Sometimes when I hear some folks I think "No one can be that stupid so I must be pretty damn smart for an uneducated simple man".
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I can confirm what Starbuck has said. It is the meme out there in Leftyland. They have been building this since that dumb-assed question to Santorum during one of the debates. The railroad track of "conservatives want to take away your birth control" has been carefully-laid for months, and this little tramp was the operative in place to ice the cake. They really do believe this BS, mostly because it's an easy soundbite to toss out there. After all, you've heard Santorum saying something about birth control, right? Well, he must have said that he wants to ban it, because he's a religious nutjob. Yeah, that must be it: Republicans want to ban birth control. It's a plank in the party platform.

It's going to take a lot of work to undo what they have done.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

AmPat is right. Obama will get about 47% of the vote. But I am afraid if they get away with this scare tactic (Republicans are going to take away your birth control stuff!) they will gather the women vote again.

Women usually vote Democratic. They did last time, 56% to 43%, and young voters went that way 66 to 32. But that was back when Obama was cool and hip. He is no longer quite as cool and hip. We can do real damage to him if we speak out every time we get a chance. Rip into him good and perhaps we can discourage some of these voters. But the best we can hope for, I think, is that they will stay home and not vote.

I expect a lot of black people will sit this one out. They haven't made the economic gains they thought they would. But that's only 12% of the population.
    Here's a web site to use to gather an understanding of what has happened in terms of who voted this guy in:
    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#USP00p1