Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Nice afternoon... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    SLW and I took a ride to Siesta Key to walk a little on the beach and take a few pics.

If any of you have heard/used 1-800-ASK-GARY, he has a nice little house on SK...

Just a widdle beach house. LOL!!!

Then a walk by Cresent and Turtle beaches...

It really is nice down here...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Is that a fish jumping out of the water in that last one?
    I love that little beach house, just needs some yard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    No, it's a WindSufer Board thingy. It has a small surf board attached to
    a ParaGlider wing. Pretty cool toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I love that little beach house, just needs some yard work.
    That sea grass on the left of the house is part of the public access to the beach. It's not their property. On the other side of the path is more sea grass and sea grapes.

I can't imagine building on that lot (looks like a triple or quadruple lot). There are some nice houses around it, but nothing like that monster. He's built right to the property line of the public access to the beach. He doesn't have a private beach behind him, just that slice of Crescent Beach. The good thing is there's hardly any parking at all and Crescent Beach is primarily known only to locals and the few people staying in some small hotels along the street leading down from Midnight Pass Road.

They were talking about it in an article in the Sarasota local lib rag. I thought they were being snobby, but now I understand what they're talking about. I think that thing was about $12 Mill. For that much, I'd want a private beach and a tad more privacy.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    That sea grass on the left of the house is part of the public access to the beach. It's not their property. On the other side of the path is more sea grass and sea grapes.

I can't imagine building on that lot (looks like a triple or quadruple lot). There are some nice houses around it, but nothing like that monster. He's built right to the property line of the public access to the beach. He doesn't have a private beach behind him, just that slice of Crescent Beach. The good thing is there's hardly any parking at all and Crescent Beach is primarily known only to locals and the few people staying in some small hotels along the street leading down from Midnight Pass Road.

They were talking about it in an article in the Sarasota local lib rag. I thought they were being snobby, but now I understand what they're talking about. I think that thing was about $12 Mill. For that much, I'd want a private beach and a tad more privacy.
    Get a load of this ghastly thing. They tore down a perfectly serviceable 1950's upscale Florida house to build this Alpine Tudor Italianate Craftsman McMansion with illegal labor, and they built on every buildable inch of the lot so it has no privacy.. To quote Santorum, "I wanted to throw up."

http://www.century21.com/property/78...07-C2136218002

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    SLW and I took a ride to Siesta Key to walk a little on the beach and take a few pics.

If any of you have heard/used 1-800-ASK-GARY, he has a nice little house on SK...
    I think Mr. Gary is going to have to find a new scam after the legislature gets through with the auto insurance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think Mr. Gary is going to have to find a new scam after the legislature gets through with the auto insurance issues.

I always enjoyed the beaches in Florida. Not a huge fan of getting in the water. I've got one of them shark fears, but I still enjoyed going to them.

I'd love to get to Washington to be near family, but I think I'd enjoy being in Florida more.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I always enjoyed the beaches in Florida. Not a huge fan of getting in the water. I've got one of them shark fears, but I still enjoyed going to them.

I'd love to get to Washington to be near family, but I think I'd enjoy being in Florida more.
    All my young life I swam in the Gulf without a care. Then, when we moved here, I saw an aerial shot of the Gulf off Clearwater Beach with the sharks hanging offshore, and not too far offshore. I could have done without that. One time, we were sailing about two or three miles offshore on a day when the water was murky, and I got in the water to cool off and literally thought myself into shark paranoia. I thought I was seeing shadows of large fish in the water, if something had bumped me or nipped at me I would have probably had a heart attack. I had to get back into the boat. But up near the shore, in six feet or less of water I don't worry about sharks too much. I kist make sure I'm not the guy who is the farthest out.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    All my young life I swam in the Gulf without a care. Then, when we moved here, I saw an aerial shot of the Gulf off Clearwater Beach with the sharks hanging offshore, and not too far offshore. I could have done without that. One time, we were sailing about two or three miles offshore on a day when the water was murky, and I got in the water to cool off and literally thought myself into shark paranoia. I thought I was seeing shadows of large fish in the water, if something had bumped me or nipped at me I would have probably had a heart attack. I had to get back into the boat. But up near the shore, in six feet or less of water I don't worry about sharks too much. I kist make sure I'm not the guy who is the farthest out.
    Over at CC, my sig line is something from National Geographic. "Every year there are more people bitten by New Yorkers, then sharks."

I know chances of it happening are extremely small, but I still worry about it. I'm like that with lightning as well, which is a huge conflict of interests for me, because I love being outside during thunderstorms.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.