Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Are you close to Sanibel?? Can you recommend places to stay? I will PM you and SLW when I'm ready to plan.....
    We're about an hour and a half away depending on traffic. I can give you suggestions no problem. The one annoying thing about Sanibel is the toll to get on the island. SIX bucs.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Deep water freaks me out as well. I can stand being out on boats in 300ft or deeper water, but when I think about it, it's almost a primal fear. It's like looking into the abyss, a deep dark pit that you know you'd never escape from if you had the misfortune to fall into.

I think I'd have a complex by the end of my career if I had joined the Navy.
    So you won't be swimming above the Mariana Trench any time soon?

I've gone out in 600-1000ft of water, which is not difficult off the coast of Florida because of the Gulf Stream...depending on the time of year, it may be as close as 3 miles off the coast. Once you reach the stream, which you can immediately tell as the water turns into a real deep blue, you just shut off the engine and drift...best fishing.

So you won't be swimming above the Mariana Trench any time soon?

I've gone out in 600-1000ft of water, which is not difficult off the coast of Florida because of the Gulf Stream...depending on the time of year, it may be as close as 3 miles off the coast. Once you reach the stream, which you can immediately tell as the water turns into a real deep blue, you just shut off the engine and drift...best fishing.
    I'd love to have a boat I can do that in. Don't think I'll be taking my 13' aluminum out to the Gulf Stream though.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'd love to have a boat I can do that in. Don't think I'll be taking my 13' aluminum out to the Gulf Stream though.
    HAHA, no, but I've heard of a local guy crossing the gulf stream to the Bahamas in a jet ski.

HAHA, no, but I've heard of a local guy crossing the gulf stream to the Bahamas in a jet ski.
    I could see that. I knew a guy who used to go shark fishing off the back of his.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Gulf Stream...depending on the time of year, it may be as close as 3 miles off the coast...best fishing.
    Sweet.

I travel to the OBX just so I can get within 35 miles of it. I'm still on the hunt for my 1,000 lb Blue Marlin. He's my white whale.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Sweet.

I travel to the OBX just so I can get within 35 miles of it. I'm still on the hunt for my 1,000 lb Blue Marlin. He's my white whale.
    Since we are talking about this, I just checked NOAA website, and it's is 4 miles off the Palm Beach inlet today.

Had this pic on my phone of me and the midget.

This is a small 24' bowrider from the club.

Since we are talking about this, I just checked NOAA website, and it's is 4 miles off the Palm Beach inlet today.
    <inaudible mumbling> :)

I saw you mention mahi earlier. I don't know how it is there (or if you even know) but the tuna catch off the Outer Banks has been bad the last few years. I should ask the obx poster here about it.
    Be Not Afraid.

Captain Midget, this was probably a year ago...she's a natural

This is a more recent one...on the docks at Peanut Island.